Does Military Service make you less agreeable??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hard_r

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What stopped you from serving after you'd obtained the education? Not serving in the military does NOT make you a lesser person, but saying "I wanted an education" isn't the only reason you chose not to serve either.
1. I'm still in school.
2. When I get out, I'll hopefully have a career and start a family.
3. You're right, it's not the only reason. I'm a very independent person, the service would not suit me. I have a wife, wouldn't want to leave her. Also, I do everything in my power to stay out of harm's way. Some call it cowardice, I call it survival.

Some guys have all these things and still make the sacrifice and THOSE guys are better than me. But when you have nothing stopping you and it's pretty much your only option, and you want to do it because it suits you, that's different.

xnavychief

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since when does military service preclude one from having an education? Veterans (myself included) are no better than anyone else, but they aren't a bunch of dummies that chose not to better themselves either.

I'd like to think that a person could attain both in 20 years. I logged over 7000 flight hours and was deployed up to 226 days some years but came out with a degree.

E

Echo4Whiskey

Your statement is accurate. It has taken along time for me to realize that most people without military experience
1. Wish they would have signed up 2. Don't understand why sometimes I'm a bit jumpy and 3. Don't have the attention to detail that service members have.

Latest posts

Top Bottom