Dog Chewed Up My Belt -- Please Help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey guys,

This past weekend (1/26/14), I was at the gun show here in Oklahoma City and came across vendor selling horse bridle leather belts for the untold price of $25 a belt. They even had one in my size that I loved, and I quickly bought the belt and loved it. It was so much sturdier than my old belt, and it held up my pants and my pistol nicely.

Last night I get home, take off my pants and toss them in their place. Belt is still on them. This morning I go to put them on and I realize that the belt is WAY too small. Now I'm a big guy, but I didn't gain like 6 inches over night. It was then that I realized that my dog had chewed off the end of the belt, making it unusable. I gave him a good whap with the belt and let him know that this was not acceptable behavior, but now I am back to using my old crappy Tommy Hilfiger belt.

My question to you guys is this:Do you know the vendor that was selling hand-made leather belts at the last RK Gun Show at the OKC Fairgrounds? They had alot of leather goods, and it was a older white husband & wife team. I'd love to buy another belt from them because frankly, it was the best belt I ever had, and I thought that I would have it for 20 years. Turns out I had it for 3 days.

Thanks in advance.

Jestik

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure who you got the belt from.
But if it was me and I found out who he is. I'd ask him if dog hide makes for a good belt!

It was a $25 belt, worth was less than my dog is to me. I honestly thought that he was past this chewing on stuff phase, he's damn near six years old. I guess it is just a dog thing though.

SDarkRage

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a leather store on Reno between McArthur and Rockwell I think. It's on the north side of Reno in a small office complex. I think it's Tandy Leather maybe? My father in law wanted to go at Xmas time and they had a bunch of belts there.

Edit - it is Tandy Leather. 6125 W. Reno. 405-495-7862

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You might contact the RK folks and see if they don't have that vendor info. As for the dog chewing - I'm certain the smell of the leather was irresistible. I had a 11-year-old Vizsla who, throughout her life, had a thing for chewing up the earpieces on my sunglasses. I figured it was probably my scent on the chewy plastic that set her off, so I got into the habit of leaving my sunglasses in inaccessible places.

Latest posts

Top Bottom