Dog in need of a rescue...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Okey-Dokey

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is this for real or is your friend just trying to push buttons? Tell him to take him to one of the many rescues in OK that won't euthanize him. Of course it'll take just a few more calls.....is your friend capable of this?

Tuesday is his last day. If we cannot get someone willing to take him, he will be put down on Wednesday.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is this for real or is your friend just trying to push buttons? Tell him to take him to one of the many rescues in OK that won't euthanize him. Of course it'll take just a few more calls.....is your friend capable of this?

WTF is with you, man? "Is this for real?"

I think I'll have to bite my tongue in comparing my friend's capabilities with yours. He is a partially-disabled combat veteran of our United States military. He holds a much-more-than-full-time job in a very demanding field, excels at what he does and still manages to be a great father to three young children and supports his family. He's probably got better things to do than try to ignorantly disparage someone who is trying to do the right thing for an animal he adopted to save from poor living conditions, while trying to do the responsible thing and keep his family safe. He HAS contacted several rescues and has had no luck.

Thanks for your eminently valuable contribution to this thread.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He's right. It's the human's fault he is the way he is, given the history stated by your friend and has never been rehabilitated. Many rescues are no-kill and will take them, just takes longer than a few days. "Bully for you" is also a good one. Some of the Pit rescues MIGHT know where to place him.

Last edited:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OH and fwiw, if the owner gets on FB and posts this, he can usually get several rescues to share the post, if they are full and won't take them in. Reaches a LOT of people that way.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I may be a horrible person and will likely injure some sensitivities with this but your friend has already put more effort into this than I would have. He'd already be under the dirt. Humanely and quick but he would be dead.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I may be a horrible person and will likely injure some sensitivities with this but your friend has already put more effort into this than I would have. He'd already be under the dirt. Humanely and quick but he would be dead.

As I said, I understand that position. I would probably be the same... but he loves this dog, so I'm trying to help him prevent that from being a necessity.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As I said, I understand that position. I would probably be the same... but he loves this dog, so I'm trying to help him prevent that from being a necessity.

Understood. Wasn't meant to pass judgement (Also wasn't helpful in achieving the goal of this thread) but more in response to other posts indicating the friend hadn't put in enough effort to re-home the dog. He has done MUCH more than I would have.

I look at it this way...If your (human) friend attacked your wife in your home and left her with 27 stitches, would you show him the same amount of empathy?

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Understood. Wasn't meant to pass judgement (Also wasn't helpful in achieving the goal of this thread) but more in response to other posts indicating the friend hadn't put in enough effort to re-home the dog. He has done MUCH more than I would have.

I look at it this way...If your (human) friend attacked your wife in your home and left her with 27 stitches, would you show him the same amount of empathy?

I agree. But humans have much more in the way of reasoning capability - although your point is definitely taken. It's not my decision to make, or, as I've said before in previous threads, I would likely have handled it myself. My parents have a dog that bit my son and it was all I could do not to personally take him from them and put him down. I have no use for that one and have avoided him and them and their house as much as possible for many years as a result...

Oh, and GMThunder, thanks for the tip. I emailed that rescue.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
MAN... I wish I wish I wish I could take him. I have a little girl. If he bit her I would be a sad soul. I have wanted an English Bully for years. I'd take him in a heartbeat if i thought he wouldn't bite my baby. Sorry brother. Hope you find him a home.

Latest posts

Top Bottom