Enough of Made in China

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do my best NOT to patronize these places. Even had to quit eating at McDonalds in OKC. They should just rename it Santionalds. Very few English speakers work there anymore. It's a shame.

If you're talking about the one on MacArthur and I-40, I know exactly what you mean. I went there once at about 12:30PM and was wondering why there weren't that many people there. Turns out, not a single person spoke or understood a lick of English. "Number 10" was responded with "No habla Englis".

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Long ago, I began to make a committment to buying USA first, others second and China last. It is an almost impossible task.

USA products are, in general, either the very best at the very highest prices, or relatively poor at a modest price.

China products are, in general, either very good at moderate prices or very poor at rock bottom prices.

We will ultimately pay a very high price for our failure to address this issue long ago

My thoughts exactly.

eby42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, I had no idea that food coop existed. Are you a member? If so, does the system work well and is it worth joining?

I'd be all about a regular supply of local meat and produce.

I am not a member, but during the summer time we enjoy going to Farmer's Markets and buying fresh meats, fruits, veggies, honey and wine. The wife also loves the Laughing Rabbit soaps and I'll admit that I do, too. They have some manly scents (not exactly bbq sauce or gasoline manly, but still manly enough) and taking a shower will make half the house smell like whatever soap you used.

The people we buy honey from mentioned the site to us a couple of summers ago.

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The problem is that Chinese manufacturers actually make better products than a few American-made products.

So if we patronize USA-made inferior products and don't buy similar Chinese-made superior products, we're rewarding Americans for inferior work (essentially bypassing the free-market economy).

Sure the Chinese have unlimited cheap labor, but if labor costs more here in the US, then we should be shutting down the rest of the world in quality - and in a lot of areas, we're not.

I buy American where I can, but there just aren't a lot of Made-in-USA choices in some products now days.

Latest posts

Top Bottom