Eviction(s)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

easy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How does it work here in OK? Looking at a sliver of adjoining land. Has some undesirables living, possibly squatting on it. Don't see the 'hey get off my land' thing going too well and may have to go the official eviction route. Looking for some first hand knowledge.

MyMonkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The petition you file is called a forcible entry detainer. Pretty basic. You obtain a judgment for the property if there are no rental arrears. Number one eviction lawyer in Oklahoma is Robert Goldman.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

918evo

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am friends with a Tulsa County judge that handles some evictions and she said due to Covid and temporary legislation, no one is getting evicted until after the first of the year if they contest it. I'm not sure if that applies to your county, but you might keep that in mind.

Backstrap

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How does it work here in OK? Looking at a sliver of adjoining land. Has some undesirables living, possibly squatting on it. Don't see the 'hey get off my land' thing going too well and may have to go the official eviction route. Looking for some first hand knowledge.

So they’re camping out on the land, or are they living in a structure built on the land? If the former, I’d think you could just nail a “No Trespassing” sign to a tree on the property after you close on it and then call the sheriff’s office to come remove the trespassers from your property.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If they have a camper and they are living in it, be careful. They will claim they have ownership and it takes about a year to get them out. We had this happen to my mother long ago and this rat was known for doing it. Property was in a rural area that was going through a drought. Sheriff was a cool guy and he may or may not have looked the other way, because a fire stated up wind of the camper and the guy had to hook up and move his trailer off the block that was burning. My neighbors and I kept him from moving back on and the sheriff told him if he stepped foot on our land he would be trespassed and jailed. That was then. I'd be very careful as they know the law very well.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the camper (or any vehicle for that matter) is on your land, could you not file a possessory lien on it and work to get the title in your name (under title 42)? They could leave before the process is done but that’s what you’d ultimately want anyway.

TOOF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Probably have to go to town sometime. If I was squatting on someone else’s property I wouldn’t be surprised to come home and find my dwelling less desirable. I mean some people are real possessive of their land and don’t like sharing it.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My brother-in-law had a homeless guy set up a camp on his 2nd property,,,
When he went to talk to him he was threatened with a club.

He called the county sheriff's office about him and reported the threat,,,
Apparently that threat of violence stripped him of any legal squatter protection.

He was arrested on the spot and B-I-L made a bonfire of his camp,,,
Squatter was dang lucky that my B-I-L didn't shoot him.

It's absolutely insane that a squatter has any legal protection at all.

Aarond

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The smart ones will search the records for very old properties and file a quick claim deed. The property owner has to hire lawyer and spend the cash and it takes about 6 months till the sheriff can get an order for them to vacate. It sucks. I think the unfortunate grass fire was good but you would lose everything you own if you tried that now. Different world that is tilted against the law abiding

Latest posts

Top Bottom