Favorite Western

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Childhood fav was maverick (mel gibson). All time would have to be jeromiah johnson. Honourable mention would be the revanent, while not a true "western" the battle sceen with the fur trappers and natives as well as the bear scene was very intense.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For me its a toss-up between all of the above!

Anybody remember a TV movie called the Rough Riders with Tom Berrenger? More of a war movie than a western but still awesome. One of my favorite oldies that gets overlooked is Big Country with Gregory Peck. A lot of Hollywood bigwigs in that one: Chuck Connors, Charlton Heston, etc.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For me its a toss-up between all of the above!

Anybody remember a TV movie called the Rough Riders with Tom Berrenger? More of a war movie than a western but still awesome. One of my favorite oldies that gets overlooked is Big Country with Gregory Peck. A lot of Hollywood bigwigs in that one: Chuck Connors, Charlton Heston, etc.

Speaking of Tom Berrenger, Lat of the Dogmen deserves some mention in the western themes genre.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the originals and remakes of True Grit and the Magnificent Seven. Tombstone was great, hands down the best thing Val Kilmer ever did. Of course Josey Wells is a classic. Somehow, I've managed to go without seeing Lonesome Dove. I'm going to have to check that out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom