Feds Ask Supreme Court to Decide if Weed Smokers, Non-Violent Felons Can Own Guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OneMoreEvan

This is bowling, there are rules. MARK IT ZERO
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If someone is too dangerous to have a gun to defend themselves and their family, they're too dangerous to be on the street. As long as they've served their time and aren't on parole or anything, I see no issue with getting their rights back. Prison is about paying your debt to society, right?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Except for the people who have been arrested or fined for disclosing protected information.
Seems like we had this conversation a few months ago
Still didn't prevent the disclosure now did it? Regardless, a "protected" disclosure won't so much as trigger an investigation. :(

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If someone is too dangerous to have a gun to defend themselves and their family, they're too dangerous to be on the street. As long as they've served their time and aren't on parole or anything, I see no issue with getting their rights back. Prison is about paying your debt to society, right?
" Prison is about paying your debt to society, right? "

For too many, prison is just a boarding school to learn new, ah . . . [illegal] skills.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still didn't prevent the disclosure now did it? Regardless, a "protected" disclosure won't so much as trigger an investigation. :(
No. And bank robbery laws didnt prevent bank robberies. They just punish someone who breaks the law. Just like the Hipaa laws do.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No. And bank robbery laws didnt prevent bank robberies. They just punish someone who breaks the law. Just like the Hipaa laws do.
And you just conveniently ignore the rest of the point I made, which is far more important than the miniscule number of people who've been held to account for flagrant violations of HIPAA. :rolleyes2

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And you just conveniently ignore the rest of the point I made, which is far more important than the miniscule number of people who've been held to account for flagrant violations of HIPAA. :rolleyes2
This is deja vu all over again. We just had this discussion a few months ago. I’m just gonna post old threads, saves time

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is deja vu all over again. We just had this discussion a few months ago. I’m just gonna post old threads, saves time
No look we get it. From a hospital administration's legal risk standpoint, HIPAA is great! It allows you to deny all sorts of wrongdoing done by your employees working on your behalf. If I was a hospital administrator, I'd sing the praises of HIPAA all the live-long day, just like the civil legal departments of every government department and administration tout so-called "whistleblower protection" laws.

That don't mean **** to people who've been negatively impacted unjustly. They still have to front the cost of fighting to restore their rights after the fact, and laws like HIPAA just help those who made bank off their misery deflect accountability.

So do us a favor, don't piss down our backs and tell us it's raining, K?

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No look we get it. From a hospital administration's legal risk standpoint, HIPAA is great! It allows you to deny all sorts of wrongdoing done by your employees working on your behalf. If I was a hospital administrator, I'd sing the praises of HIPAA all the live-long day, just like the civil legal departments of every government department and administration tout so-called "whistleblower protection" laws.

That don't mean **** to people who've been negatively impacted unjustly. They still have to front the cost of fighting to restore their rights after the fact, and laws like HIPAA just help those who made bank off their misery deflect accountability.

So do us a favor, don't piss down our backs and tell us it's raining, K?
I’m not an administrator, so not pissin down anything.😁

Latest posts

Top Bottom