Fell in Love with a 1911 Again

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll preface this by saying I am mainly a striker fire guy. I've owned just about every style of pistol there is and end back at a Glock or my new found love in the M&P. However, there has always been something about a 1911 that just says "oh yeah" (in the kool-aid man voice). It just feels right. Those that own or have handled a 1911 know what I speak of.

I've previously owned 2 1911's. A Taurus and a Springfield TRP. I know, almost opposite ends of the spectrum. I didn't like the Taurus at all. It just felt cheap. However, I loved the TRP. It was butter smooth and shot better than I could. I always regretted trading it.

It's been 2-3 years since I've owned a 1911. I just recently purchased an SWR Octane 45 and figured I needed to buy a nice 1911 host for it. From my experience, most "drop in" items on a 1911 haven't lived up to their name. I planned on just buying another TRP and getting a threaded barrel. Then I found the Remington R1 Enhanced that was suppressor ready from the factory. Threaded/fitted barrel and tall sights out of the box. All I could think of was, "way to go Remington."

I just got it in today and I have to say, the action is butter smooth. As soon as I picked it up it was like I got a warm and fuzzy feeling inside. I can't wait to go shoot it. There are some things I will be changing on it, but for the most part, it seems like a great pistol out of the box. Only time will tell.

While I like the heine 8 style of sights and the fact that these are tall enough to clear a suppressor, the dots are very dim/dull and have no tritium. So I will be changing them out. Go figure. The grips on these are very thick and I'm personally not a fan of them, so they will go too. I will also be adding a beveled magwell. I am super happy with my purchase and glad that I have a 1911 in the stable again. Well, enough chatter. Here are some pics:

i77.photobucket.com_albums_j49_jakeums_Mobile_20Uploads_259762d7631591c1baeff69f96c45a7041c524.jpg

i77.photobucket.com_albums_j49_jakeums_Mobile_20Uploads_49970120fc637072263b044620ddb14fde5642.jpg

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just FYI remmington is running a rebate on that gun right now if you bought it new. (pretty sure, maybe not on the threaded barrel)

I can't wait to hear your range report, I just ordered mine a few hours ago, non threaded version.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just FYI remmington is running a rebate on that gun right now if you bought it new. (pretty sure, maybe not on the threaded barrel)

I can't wait to hear your range report, I just ordered mine a few hours ago, non threaded version.

And you just made this purchase even better. Checked for my UPC code and it's on the list!! The threaded stormlake barrel seems like the better deal. Who knows, I might get another 1911...

Thanks a lot for the heads up.

Last edited:

Glock31

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I started my law enforcement career in a 1911, then switched to a glock. I haven't Been happy with my sidearm for 3 years. Saturday night the 1911 will be back on my hip! The prophet John Moses browning will be proud!

Lone Wolf '49

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 1911 has always fit my odd hand better than most any other handgun. Carried, concealed, a commander size 1911 for years, still have a couple. They are just GOOD! Oh well. That reminds me of a young fellow who came in, before I have retired again, and was looking for his first handgun for carry. He literally said: I want something that looks good for open carry. Only thing I could say was a 1911.

Latest posts

Top Bottom