Florida governor signs welfare drug-screen measure

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another Obama term in 2012 courtesy of the Republican Party.

That'll show us how it's done!

I'll make another prediction, eventually the people of Oklahoma will chafe under the rule of the current crop of Republican lawmakers and return Democrats or liberal Republicans to those seats.

Yes we probably will, I am disgusted that the republican party played shenanigans with open carry to get re-elected and to get the harpy annointed to state office. A 2 party system should provide checks and balances and keep both parties honest.

Voters meet your new masters, they're the same as your old masters just a different title.

I was listening to Michael Savage the other day and had an epiphany, as much as he accuses the liberal elite of being hypocrites and perpetuating cass warfare he is no different than them in his arguments.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This issue was dealt with some time ago, why would they try to set up what the court has already ruled against? If they really wanted to set up a testing program why didn't they set up a program like several other states are using the "reasonable suspicion" type which the courts have found acceptable? Doesn't really make sense unless there's some other motive maybe.

Settlement Reached in ACLU of Michigan Lawsuit Over Mandatory Drug Testing of Welfare Recipients
December 18, 2003

[DETROIT - Michigan's attempt to impose mandatory drug tests on all welfare recipients has finally come to an end, the American Civil Liberties Union announced today after a settlement was reached with the Family Independence Agency (FIA). The FIA can now require drug testing of welfare recipients only where there is a reasonable suspicion that the recipient is using drugs].

http://www.aclu.org/drug-law-reform...t-over-mandatory-drug-testing-welfare-recipie

Substance Abuse and Welfare Reform
April, 2004

[About a dozen states have provisions allowing drug testing of welfare recipients under certain circumstances. Michigan is the only state that legislated suspicionless,]

http://www.npc.umich.edu/publications/policy_briefs/brief02/

Werewolf

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey!

Ya wanna do drugs? Knock your self out. And if you can do 'em responsibly then good on ya.

If they kill ya then it sucks to be you and society got a little bit smarter, cleaner and richer upon your demise.

Drugs? Legalize 'em all.

You wanna do 'em then do 'em.

Just don't expect me to pay for it or like the government picking my pocket to pay for it.

tran

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I feel if you can afford to purchase drugs then you can afford to purchase your own food...no government aid for you

I agree... But, these damn Democrats are only after a vote! I think they would sell there own Mother in a whore house for a vote.

kennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Why not piss test gun buyers? Why not compel folks to supply a DNA sample to get a drivers liscence, or cash a tax refund?
We could do this sort of thing as a matter of routine. We'll get used to it.

because the tax payers aren't paying for any part of me buying a gun, getting a drivers license or getting my tax refund.....I am paying for it. Now if you were to GIVE me the money to buy any of these, I would gladly take a piss test as it is YOUR money I am getting.

ignerntbend

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As Cardsfan has thoughtfully explained, welfare itself is a seperate issue, but that's HIS problem.
You and I are both willing to live in a police state, we're just arguing about what it should look like.

Latest posts

Top Bottom