Food Cravings: What Do You Crave Right Now? (if you do)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Changed my mind: I ran down to Tamales El Patio and got a half dozen of each: Pork, Chicken, and Cheese/Jalapeno Tamales. Those ladies in there sure know how to make a dang awesome tamale! If you ever have a hankerin' for an exceptionally good tamale, this little hole in the wall will not disappoint! It's on SW 29th, between Portland and I-44, on the north side of the street. It's always been totally take-out. $20 per dozen or $10 per half dozen, and completely worth it. I ate two, then set the rest of the foil-wrapped delicacies from Heaven on a steamer thing inside a crockpot set on LOW, with a little water in the bottom, to keep them nice and hot, and moist, for later on. Something tells me I need to run out and grab a half-gallon of ice cream...for tomorrow.

It DEPENDS...

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Close to Suppertime now. Smoked wings and sausages good people......I'm a stick burner from way back.
20200903_165958.jpg

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Generally when I get a craving it is something I make. Stuffed tenderloin, Shrimp etouffee, red beans and rice, fish tacos, butterflied back strap, Red or white enchilada............. List goes on and when I get to cooking the kids seem to show up so I am in heaven!! .......... Great now I need to go find a snack , made myself hungry LOL.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I usually crave nothing.
I just eat anything.
Sometimes I just open a can of green beans or pork and beans and grab a spoon.

Drives the wife nuts.
What do you want for dinner she asks.
My answer: I do not care.

I eat because a human must eat every now and then.
But I will eat almost anything as you guys and gals know.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got some big ol' beef ribs tonight, smoked for about 7h on the Traegar.

Currently got some halved Brussels sprouts with halved mushrooms and red onions tossed in olive oil and garlic with S&P broiling in the oven.

Also have some salt-crusted boiled baby potatoes, slightly smashed, then drizzled with olive oil and dusted with Tony Chachere's Cajun seasoning... also in a broiling pan, about to go into the oven to crisp up nicely.

Should be a good meal.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I usually crave nothing.
I just eat anything.
Sometimes I just open a can of green beans or pork and beans and grab a spoon.

Drives the wife nuts.
What do you want for dinner she asks.
My answer: I do not care.

I eat because a human must eat every now and then.
But I will eat almost anything as you guys and gals know.

Haha! This sounds like me -- I wound up making some biscuits and having a couple of those with some real butter and apricot preserves. Grumpy is at Sonic as I type ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom