French fried puhtaters...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know if it's my inner child craving these damned things or what, but I have recently been reintroduced (and completely smitten) to french fries. :w000t:

It hasn't really been that long since I've had any (maybe a week or so +/-) but for some reason I have been absolutely craving them this week! SO much so, that I've had four different kinds this week since Monday. :lookaroun

There's not a lot to choose from here in Seminole, Oklahoma, so forgive me if I don't talk about fries from Famous Larry's, Shorty Small's or some other kinda happening, gourmet french fry palace or something erother. :rolleyes2

Monday: Had one of my favorite burgers along with some of my favorite fries - Braum's. IMO, Braum's burgers are what a cheeseburger is suppossed to be: large, juicy, loaded with all the fixins. Braum's also uses crinkle cut fries exclusively. Crinkles can hold more ketchup (or mustard, if'n yer name be Carl, mmm-hmmm) and are easier to dunk two at a time due to the crinkles and their larger size. :woohoo1:

Tuesday: Tuesdays always mean half price burgers at Sonic. And what good is a burger without a big ol' batch of fries? Sonics fries are "good" don't get me wrong, but for some reason they always come up a little short in the french fry wars. I usually go with onion rings when at Sonic, but since I've been consumed by the french fry monster, I went with a Sonic size order. I do kinda like the way they are usually softer and soggier than the competitions. I know... :screwy:

Wednesday: Went a different route and had a sandwich from KFC with an order of their wedges/steak fries. Wow! I love these things! KfC puts some kinda seasoning on these massive whoppers which makes 'em stand out from the rest of the crowd as well as provides a large hunk of real estate for yer ketchup. Atta boy, Colonel. :thumb:

Thursday (today): I went with what most call the best fries on Earth - McDonalds. While a tight-wad like me can appreciate McDonald's dollar menu (I love me some McDoubles) I realized today that their small order of fries is now on a different menu called the "Extra Value Menu" or something like that for $1.19 instead of a buck like they used to be when they were on my beloved dollar menu. :cry3: Nevertheless, I had me a pair of McDoubles and a large fry. I really like Mickey D's fries, but again with the heavy salt shaker? Unlike some guys, I don't belly up to a salt-lick from time to time. That's why I've kept such good BP while being a fat ass.

Tomorrow is Friday and my only other two choices here in greater Seminole is Long John Silver's/A&W or Carl's Jr. To be quite honest, I don't really care for either one of those places, so I think I'll just get a Subway sandwich.

While there are many, many different kinds of fries out there, only one ketchup is worthy to cover them precious taters - Heinz. Some guys probably prefer Hunt's or (God forbid) some generic brand, but as for me and my house, will will stick with Heinz.

Thank you for taking the time to read my stupid ******** and I'll see what kind of worthless review I can come up with next. Until then, gentle readers...

Cheers! :sunbath:

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another place that has excellent fries (at least in my stompin' grounds) is Church's chicken. I know, who would have thought, right? For my money, they are the best, hands down, as far as fast food places.

11b1776

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, you have been thinking about this for a while!! Sonic is the worst for fries IMO, always soggy and not very good. There onion rings and tots are quite tastey for the most part, go figure. MCD's is at the top of the hemp as far as fast food goes, but Arby's curly fries are pretty good but not your regular "French fry"

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I can't help think of lord of the rings "what's taters precious?" POTATOE, boilem mashem stickem in a stew.
Potatoes are of the devil. I could eat them and donuts all day long, and I'm not even a cop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom