Frozen turkeys have dropped in price.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Local walmart has great value brand turkeys for .88 cents per pound and butterball turkeys for .98 cents per pound.

Picked up a couple 15 pound great value birds for the freezer. Already have one and a couple honeysuckle white bone in turkey breast in the freezer.

I like turkey through out the year, down side is they take up a lot of room in a freezer. I can get a lot of meals out of one whole bird.

Anyway just a FYI if anyone has not got a bird or two yet, might want to jump.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I havent ate a turkey in god knows when, as a kid we would raise and process and sell turkeys on the farm the last year we done it went thru 250 the weekend before Thanksgiving you kinda get sick of it real quick when doing that many so we usually have smoked ribs and brisket for Thanksgiving and Xmas

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why would turkey mess with your gout?

I figured sausages, brats etc would due to the amount of nitrates.
turkey meat should be avoided if you suffer from gout. But, there is a detailed explanation of why the gout and turkey should not be connected. Turkey is richer in purines than chicken and duck meat. Turkey contains 150 mg of purines per 100g and as such it will contribute to the spike in uric acid and you know what’s next.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
turkey meat should be avoided if you suffer from gout. But, there is a detailed explanation of why the gout and turkey should not be connected. Turkey is richer in purines than chicken and duck meat. Turkey contains 150 mg of purines per 100g and as such it will contribute to the spike in uric acid and you know what’s next.
What about ham?

Latest posts

Top Bottom