Gah, No More Toys for a While. Or I Just Spent the Morning at the Dealership

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats great car OP. I have the same color N Line with 6 speed manual and love it.
Does yours have the 10" digital instrument cluster? I would love it if it would be possible to switch the tach and speedometer positions, but I haven't seen it in the manual anywhere. I've never had a car with the speedometer on the left before and I keep looking at the tach.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does yours have the 10" digital instrument cluster? I would love it if it would be possible to switch the tach and speedometer positions, but I haven't seen it in the manual anywhere. I've never had a car with the speedometer on the left before and I keep looking at the tach.
No the N Line has a dual digital/analog cluster. Different from all the other models.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like for many months to come things will be different at auto dealerships. While waiting for my reduced price oil change & tire rotation at my local Ford dealership I wandered to the front. There I visited a bit with a long time salesperson in the basically deserted showroom. She says that most of their customers will come in to order their new vehicle, unlike the old days of most picking what they wanted off a well stocked lot. Used to be they had 450 new vehicles on the lot at any one time. Now they only have a few dozen. Those few aren't ordered to spec by the dealership but instead are whatever FoMoCo chooses to send them. Intrestingly, despite the high prices and long waits, she said that people are still buying their costly upper end vehicles just like they previously did. Lots of 84 month financing going on.

GorillaG

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
40 yr record high inflation, gas over 4.00 in some areas, record crime with the "entitled" simply walking out without paying, used car prices up 40%, mandates we were never gonna get now common, but at least we got rid of ORANGE MAN BAD!!!

Last edited:

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Granddaughter and her hubby were "thinking" about a new one. I hold them, this isn't the time unless you have no choice.

They went to the Kia dealer. Salesman tells them to take their time, pick the one they want and come to the office for him to write it up.

She asked about pricing? He says, look at the stickers, add $5k, that's it, take it or leave it.

They left. Decided now wasn't the time.

keeping note of that

cal7.62x39

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My MIL bought a new Kia Soul in the very early days of the coof. They had really good rebates at the moment and she walked away paying a hair over 10K for a car with a sticker of almost 16K. She says she gets calls at least once a month offering more than she bought it for. But she loves her little sunflower color car.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also a Hyundai fan. Owned a Sonata & Elantra in the past. With the current shortages, it’s a sellers market so not a lot of deals out there.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There's absolutely no way that I'd even pay $78k for any pickup!
My sentiments exactly!!!
Autotrader even shows plain jane XL package Ford F250’s priced close to $50k, and that’s before the dealers try to add their “market adjustment“ crap. I‘ve concluded I will probably never own another new vehicle. :anyone:

Latest posts

Top Bottom