Gathering at State Capitol - what do you think?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skycitadel

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
What do you think? Are these rallies helpful or not?

Hi,

I enjoyed the gathering of like minded people and it was interesting to hear about the OK defense force. These rallies are good just in the sense of being in a freedom loving group that are working towards preserving freedom. This rally on the 8th and the rally in January both brought up points that I hadnt thought about before and so they were educational.

Are these rallies effective as a method of getting politicians to do what we want? I dont know. I would think the more people show up the more a politician would have to think about his position if it was different from the rally, since most of them want to be re-elected. Im sure some who are extremely anti-gun wouldnt care if the whole state was outside though.

There was around 2000 people at the rally in jan. and about 80 today. It being friday a workday and the lack of organization from a group like OSA or OKOCA( I wasnt even aware OK Defense Force was going to be there) im ok with that turnout.

It would be great to see OSA get behind another rally or some other type of political expression to get gun owner's view points out there.

Some oppurtunities would be Feb. 23 nationwide rally, or the may 25th 10,000,000 gun owner march on D.C.

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It was about what I expected being on the heels of the Jan. rally and no official organizer. Good to see folks turn out though.

skunkworx

New to the site!
Reaction score
So where is all of these other 2nd amendment rights group? I really haven't seen or heard from them! I really don't know what to think about this OK Defense Force! I need to do more research on it! Anybody else get that feeling?
Hi,

I enjoyed the gathering of like minded people and it was interesting to hear about the OK defense force. These rallies are good just in the sense of being in a freedom loving group that are working towards preserving freedom. This rally on the 8th and the rally in January both brought up points that I hadnt thought about before and so they were educational.

Are these rallies effective as a method of getting politicians to do what we want? I dont know. I would think the more people show up the more a politician would have to think about his position if it was different from the rally, since most of them want to be re-elected. Im sure some who are extremely anti-gun wouldnt care if the whole state was outside though.

There was around 2000 people at the rally in jan. and about 80 today. It being friday a workday and the lack of organization from a group like OSA or OKOCA( I wasnt even aware OK Defense Force was going to be there) im ok with that turnout.

It would be great to see OSA get behind another rally or some other type of political expression to get gun owner's view points out there.

Some oppurtunities would be Feb. 23 nationwide rally, or the may 25th 10,000,000 gun owner march on D.C.

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
If a rally is held on a weekday it needs to be followed up with visits from attendees to their Reps and Senators immediately afterwards. If I remember correctly the legislature sets aside a day or more each session where they are at the capital but are not conducting business to hear from constituents about the legislation they are considering. If there is to be a rally held during the week this is the best time and manner to do it, IMO.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you are going to put together a rally, the devil is in the details.

Weekend, weekday, whatever. You MUST pull a permit. Many people won't come if there's no permit, because they don't want to risk getting in trouble or looking bad when they are challenged by the authorities.

Timing is very important. There has to be a point to the rally. You need to be sending a message to someone at a time when people are fired up, and that the message is timely. Just having a rally to have a rally won't likely motivate that many people to show up. Need to think too about what message you are sending to the public through the media. A family oriented rally with everyday people attending plays out far better then a camoed militia... I understand the "fight for our rights" aspect as much as anyone. But at the end of the 10 o'clock news, it's all just a public relations exercise, is it not?

rawhide

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
DSC_0289.jpg

Not sure how to make this bigger without clicking on it but here's a pic.

Latest posts

Top Bottom