Getting fit - anyone else trying to turn it around?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

elwoodtrix

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
intermittent fasting!!! I went from 250lbs to 190 with a 20 hour fast... just eat dinner, sensible dinner! I did protein drinks in the morning, lots of water, some caffeine, but lots of water!!! It can be done!

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Spinach and sprouts salad with basalmic vinegar, smoked tuna pretty regular, do beef of some sort 1-2 x a week, chicken 2-3x a week, pork including bacon maybe 2x a week, fish or shrimp once a week, I dont drink beer, dont drink soda pop of any kind, high fiber breakfast cereal 3x a week,egg breakfast sandwich on whole grain bread many mornings. Try not to overdue dairy. High protein Atkins type the best I can. I dont eat any twinkies, sticky buns, other packaged hi carb sugary crap. I probably need to eat more fruit, but alot of it taste terrible after covid.
I have not had McD, Hardly, BK, or other fast food crap in 12 years. Background in 2010, I weighed 390-405. Dropped to 280 when I was in Colorado, living at higher altitude helped me alot. Bad right knee wont let me jog, but I do some martial arts, yardwork for exercise. Dont smoke. But dont get enough exercise for sure.
I had covid a year ago, that trashed my metabolism pretty bad. Alot of food taste terrible to me nòw. I love to swim for exercise, because of covid I didnt have pool access,
but now I have post covid inner ear problems keeping me out of the water. Mý arthritis has been horrible since covid making martial arts, even tai chi hard to do.
I have "primary hyper aldosteronism" and take spironolactone for it, but it doesnt help like it used to. My metabolism is really messed up.
Wouldn’t be surprised if fasting turned a lot of things around. We just don’t need a lot of food.

Latest posts

Top Bottom