Getting healthy

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep good bike shorts are the secret and acclimating what they call your sit bones. I am doing 3 miles a day right now. Belive it or not I was a nationally ranked category 2 amatuer when I was 14 to 16 was shooting for the olympics. Competed in the usac junior nationals twice and came in 7th overall for the year at 15.

I had grand illusions of jumping in the saddle after 25 years boy was that an eye opener.

P

PistolPackin'Honey

I've lost over 50 pounds in the last year. My employer offered everyone a program called Naturally Slim. It really helped me change how I look at eating.
There's no running in my future. My knees are shot. But I do walk every day after work with my dog, a 5 pound Pomeranian named Honey. In fact, it was while I out walking that I decided to get my CCW. I had a pretty big scare, and I spent the evening crying & shaking. I decided then & there that no one was ever going to take my personal power from me again.
I refuse to let the human garbage out there keep me from losing weight & living my life.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been watching this thread.
I lead an active lifestyle at work and at home.
Its rare that I watch TV, and 80% of our protein is game that I've hunted.
Fish takes up about 10% of the rest. Date night at a steak house gets the rest.

We have a large garden each summer, and preserve the bounty by canning, and freezing.

99% of drinks are water or Iced Tea, no sugar.

If I'm forced to eat processed food, Salt will never be added for a spice. Pepper only.

Bottom line, eat healthy! your body will reward you!!

xnavychief

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just want to extend an invite to anyone who needs help with fitness in general. I have two personal trainer certs, a nutrition specialty and was command fitness leader for 9 years while on active duty. I've coached two competitive bodybuilders and done one show of my own at age 48. Macro/micro nutrient ratios, caloric intake, workout routines, etc to obtain your goals are second nature to me after so many years of doing it.

cvrx4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am down 40 pounds since November of last year. My wife had been trying to lose weight but doing it alone was a hard go. I decided to join her and together we have lost 75 pounds total me 40 her 35. It hasnt been that bad cut out Dr Pepper and eat more fruit and salad. I walk during my lunch break at work.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been watching this thread.
I lead an active lifestyle at work and at home.
Its rare that I watch TV, and 80% of our protein is game that I've hunted.
Fish takes up about 10% of the rest. Date night at a steak house gets the rest.

We have a large garden each summer, and preserve the bounty by canning, and freezing.

99% of drinks are water or Iced Tea, no sugar.

If I'm forced to eat processed food, Salt will never be added for a spice. Pepper only.

Bottom line, eat healthy! your body will reward you!!

Since salt is necessary, especially for proper hydration, check out a brand of salt called Real Salt. Tastes way better (and different (the way salt should taste like)) than that iodized crap as well as other sea salts I've tried. I add just a bit to the first and last bottle or glass of water each day. Can be found at health food stores (as well as Whole Foods, Sunflower, etc) and online: http://www.amazon.com/Real-Salt-Sea...r_1_1?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1340171579&sr=1-1

I've been toying around with this stuff by making my own spices. Garlic, onion, and celery salt so far with dehydrated and ground up veggies/spices. My jalapeno salt wasn't as successful, but I haven't given up hope on it yet.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I lost 45 pounds 3 years ago and I'm still there. It gets easier. You have to look at it as a lifestyle change vs. a diet. Soda pop is work of the devil. Even diet soda is really bad. I used to drink two 2 liters a day and quit cold turkey. I have not had a soda in 3 years. I drink water or low fat milk, that's it. Also fruits and veggies instead of sugary snacks. Don't kill at meals. Just keep your portions reasonable.

Latest posts

Top Bottom