Gimme yo ribs...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okie362

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This thread is useless without pictures. Y'all always do this when I'm out of the country BTW!!
IMG_1224.JPG
IMG_1225.JPG
IMG_1227.JPG

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I made a rack of baby backs last night I had dug out of the freezer. My electric smoker apparently died over winter (I got some rain on it before being moved to the shed, even though it WAS covered while outside.... live and learn), so I tried them in the oven thanks to this thread. 4.5 hours at 220 and another 30 minutes at 250 (to crisp up that rub/bark a bit) and they were right on texture-wise. My home-made rub was on alright too.

They were definitely edible and tasted great for slowly oven-roasted meat, but man. There's no comparison to actually smoking them.

Mos Eisley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry, I didn't take any pics on what I did. I did do the 32..1/2 method. Stick burner for 3 hours with lump charcoal and pecan, wrapped up in butter and apple juice in the oven for 2, then set bark on the Weber for half an hour. I used Pokinfun's recipe for rub on one rack, but I added dried mustard. My wife wanted her Roasterie coffee rub on the other. I glazed them a bit with Jack Daniel's BBQ sauce at the end but left a half rack dry. I gotta say, every time I use that sauce, I (and the family) regret not using it on everything I just cooked. Even though they ask me to leave something (A few ribs, a piece of chicken, etc) dry, they always love the JD sauce!

My wife and I used to cook a lot in the crock pot when we were younger and less experienced cooks. It's hard to screw anything up in a crock pot. But we used to buy a rack of ribs, cut it in half, and dump some teriyaki sauce in there, set and forget. That night we'd do some rice and peas with it. MMMM...mmm!

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Having to fix some drainage issues and repour some concrete in our backyard so my new Hasty Bake is in the garage..... this isn't helping.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Imma fallin' off the dang bone lips smackin' baby-back-all-sauced-up-rib eatin' fool is what kind.

I'm thinkin' we need to do a BBQ/ribs/brisket thing for an ENS.
Country style beef ribs and baby backs while Druryj was cleaning out his flowerbeds. I'm not saying what's on em in case there's an ENS with this other favorite outside activity too.
imagejpeg_01.jpg

Last edited:

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not only does a person learn which methods of cooking(smoking/grilling) work best for them.....ya gotta learn how your cooker(smoke/grill) works.

I've had some that run HOT...meaning you must have a water pan or your gonna be eating burnt boot leather.

I've had cookers run cool
..where you wouldn't need a water pan nor do the 321 method.

There's an old saying...How do you get to Carnegie Hall....practice.

How do you cook great bbq.....practice.

* what may work one day...may not the other.

Example:weather....and all sorts of other issues.

Latest posts

Top Bottom