Gimme yo ribs...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

$$$$$

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the 321 method and I also like St. Louis spares better than baby backs. The 321 for me has them starting to fall off the bone, which i like better than having to work for every bite. They wouldn't win any competitions but they taste really good.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like the 321 method and I also like St. Louis spares better than baby backs. The 321 for me has them starting to fall off the bone, which i like better than having to work for every bite. They wouldn't win any competitions but they taste really good.
What he said..

Chill overnight with rub, 3 hrs smoke, 2 hrs wrapped in foil with a little apple juice, 1 hr back on the grill with sauce.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Meathead's Memphis Dust
Smoke on the pellet smoker for 4-5 hours. Spareribs maybe a bit longer.
Wrap in foil on removing from smoker.
Wait 10 minutes.
Cut.
Eat.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do the 3-2-1 method, or a semblance of it dictated by the ribs themselves. When they're done, they're done! And full spares because the cost per lb is less and I just like full spares too.

I just use Head Country rub, then when I get to the 1 part of the process I mix up a little sauce, more rub, and apple butter and paint them with that. Damn....Imma going to grab a rack out of the freezer now.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
The mustard just holds the rub on the ribs better, you don't taste it. Pork really needs to have the rub applied the day before. Beef can have it put on just before you cook it. Chicken needs to be put in a brine the day before Water, salt, sugar, garlic, and lemon juice. I put a lemon pepper rub on the chicken before I smoke it.
Brisket is just salt and pepper, but my rib rub works on brisket, too.
If you do not want to use mustard, a little olive oil works to hold the rub on the ribs.

Here is the rib rub I use:
•1/2 cup brown sugar
•1/4 cup paprika
•1 tablespoon Course black pepper
•1 tablespoon Course salt
•1 tablespoon chili powder
•1 tablespoon garlic powder
•1 tablespoon onion powder
•1 teaspoon cayenne
•1 teaspoon ground cumin
•1 teaspoon dry oregano
•1 teaspoon dried thyme