Glock G26 VS. Springfield XD9 Subcompact 3"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I went with the XD purely because I did not see the worth in the increased cost of the G26. I'm picking up my XD9 today :D

You will see it when you buy parts, and upgrade the trigger.

Glock trigger upgrade $20 max and very easy to do.

XD trigger upgrade $130ish and requires some skill.

And you will see it in resale, Glocks tend to have a broader market so they tend to run a little higher used.

kevin40_2001

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own a XD 40 and XD 9. I love both pistols. I prefer them to the Glock for the reasons above: I am more comfortable with them plain and simple. The XD9 is my CCW and has some trigger work and modified to take compact mags. Pretty nice I must say :woohoo1:

jmoney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Both are proven platforms, nobody here will be able to prove one is more reliable than the other. Stick with the one you SHOT best.

There has been extensive testing on reliability for each of these platforms, and the reason why many "industry professionals" as they like to call themselves typically do not endorse the XD is due to reliability issues.

personally I used to shoot the xd much better, but still use a glock for EDC.

Chard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
XD line of pistols seem top heavy. Glocks have a lower bore axis. With this said, I think one is pretty much good to go with a Glock, XD or M&P. I have shot Glocks for many years and feel comforable with them.

G26. G19 and G34 owner

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There has been extensive testing on reliability for each of these platforms, and the reason why many "industry professionals" as they like to call themselves typically do not endorse the XD is due to reliability issues.

personally I used to shoot the xd much better, but still use a glock for EDC.

Yeah..... internet "experts" like to talk about shoulda, coulda, woulda scenarios but like I said, both are proven and nobody can prove one is more reliable than the other. In fact, Glock has had quite it's share of problems....... errr..... "upgrades." :D

jmoney

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah..... internet "experts" like to talk about shoulda, coulda, woulda scenarios but like I said, both are proven and nobody can prove one is more reliable than the other. In fact, Glock has had quite it's share of problems....... errr..... "upgrades." :D

The internet experts for sure, but I was more focused on what those "industry professionals" had to say about the two. Like I said though, I fired thousands of rounds through my xd sub compact without issues. Sometimes I feel those guys can be pretty harsh on any newcomer that tries to compete with the glock.

The gen4 upgrade was a real flop for the 9mm thats for sure. It took almost 5 months to get the kinks worked out of my 19. If glock hadn't made it right I probably would have switched over to the M&P line. Hopefully I can get a couple thousand rounds through it over the next few months to make sure it is actually functioning right.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Both are proven platforms, nobody here will be able to prove one is more reliable than the other. Stick with the one you SHOT best.

True, but that damn grip safety bothers me...I'd go with the G26, less things to go wrong. But hey, that's just my two cents.

Latest posts

Top Bottom