Good starter revolver for range shooting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Other than my S&W 642, all my handguns are semiautomatics. I would like to pick up a good revolver, mainly for target shooting. Doesn't need to be the biggest or badest. I have arthritic wrists, so recoil is a consideration. I have reloading gear, so downloading bigger bore stuff is an available option. I don't mind paying for quality, but I don't have to have the latest and greatest either.

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is hard to beat a K, L or N frame S&W 357 with a 4 to 6'' barrel or a Ruger Security Six or GP100. And since you don't mind paying for quality, a Colt Python.

Stingray

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
K frame S&W would fit the bill nicely. A .38 like a model 10 would be a great shooter for you with minimal recoil. My 617 is by far my favorite wheelgun and is the best .22 that money can buy IMO. Not cheap, but since you say you don't mind paying for quality, you might want to check one out if a rimfire is the way you want to go.

-S

BigBoreOkie

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right on with a 4" Smith 38 special. I'd look at the Smith but I wouldn't pass up a Ruger. If you're just wanting a range gun I'd look at a used one. There are a few different places online that sell them at great deals.

Latest posts

Top Bottom