Got a new AR (pics)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if it says 5.56 on th barrel it'll be fine especially being a colt you'd have the proper chamber. Either way my dpms likes the 62gr prvi 5.56 best. but im gonna start reloading soon so i'll work up a nicematch load for her. Hell even with winchester 5.56 white box stuff from academy i dont have any problems dinging the chest sized target at 300yds. this is with an eotech 512 no magnification at all. its a lot of fun shooting that distance. If i were you i would shoot the rifle some more and get to know it before you drop the money on a trigger job. Yea it'll be better either way but if i can do with a clunky stock trigger anyone can.

Eric67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like I said I am new to AR's, so that said...
I assume by FA you mean fully automatic? Nope it's semi.
Where is the sear pin, and I have no idea if it's bigger than other AR's, if it is, I wonder why?

If you look directly above the safety selector, the sear pin would be where the head of the sear block rivet is, if you pop the rear take down pin out and look inside in this area it is probably machined to clear the Mil-Spec sear but there is an aluminum block in this area being held in place by the double bilnd rivet you see from the outside. So you can't put a sear or DIAS in it. You would still have to machine it for the sear to fit though.

Eric67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You sure are proud of it :)

As far as the 556 vs. 223 thing... you're fine as someone else said... shoot whatever you want out of it. As far as triggers, look at the RRA two stages. Reload for it, you'll be alot happier, and you won't go as broke as fast :).

I would be proud too!!! It's a nice piece.

I forgot you ask about Bill Springfield, he is top notch, you can send him your trigger or just buy one from him, I have a single stage of his that is smooth as glass and breaks crisp, no creep. Like Badger said, out of the box the RRA 2 stages are good also.

Latest posts

Top Bottom