Got a new AR (pics)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eric67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is a few pics that may help........

[Broken External Image]
Standard AR fire control pocket, cannot accomodate sear without machining

[Broken External Image]
USGI sear installed in M16 receiver

[Broken External Image]
Factory sear block installed, this should look similar to yours inside.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the front sight will only appear as a very slight blur in the bottom view of the scope. i have fired between 6k-8k rds of steel case through my AR and no problems. it takes A LOT of heat for the lacquer to actually come off of the shell.

Still would stay away from it if you can. Wolf steel case ammo is awful dirty, and I know that RRA recommends against the use of steel cased ammo, especially until the AR has been properly broken in because it can be hard on the extractor.

As far as the lacquer goes... I haven't done a lot of research on it... I'd just hate to test it too much. :)

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is a few pics that may help........

[Broken External Image]
Standard AR fire control pocket, cannot accomodate sear without machining

[Broken External Image]
USGI sear installed in M16 receiver

[Broken External Image]
Factory sear block installed, this should look similar to yours inside.

Are you saying that one could remove the block and it would accept an auto sear? Certainly it's not that simple to make it auto is it?

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As for your question about a trigger replacement, if you like a single stage, which is what I prefer, I have an Accuracy Speaks and a couple of JP's. They are both excellent. The JP is fully adjustable and that makes it very crisp and nice. The Accuracy Speaks is a very solid unit and should hold up forever. Both have very crisp, clean breaks with trigger pull around 3.5 lbs.

Eric67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you saying that one could remove the block and it would accept an auto sear? Certainly it's not that simple to make it auto is it?

No, you would still have to cut the pocket out to fit the sear. If you look at the pics the pocket on the one with the sear block is the same as the standard AR. Compare to the one with the USGI sear in it. You can legally remove the block, in fact some two stage triggers won't work with it in there.

Scamp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
As for your question about a trigger replacement, if you like a single stage, which is what I prefer, I have an Accuracy Speaks and a couple of JP's. They are both excellent. The JP is fully adjustable and that makes it very crisp and nice. The Accuracy Speaks is a very solid unit and should hold up forever. Both have very crisp, clean breaks with trigger pull around 3.5 lbs.

What can you tell me about this "JP" trigger? Any links, website?

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

you would have to do some cutting on the block to get it to accept an auto sear. even if you could just pop out the pin above the safety selector, it would be too large of a hole.

it would probably be easier to just use a standard lower and machine it out

CASTRATE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still would stay away from it if you can. Wolf steel case ammo is awful dirty, and I know that RRA recommends against the use of steel cased ammo, especially until the AR has been properly broken in because it can be hard on the extractor.

As far as the lacquer goes... I haven't done a lot of research on it... I'd just hate to test it too much. :)

i put a few empty Wolf steel cases in our pre heat oven at my last job, and nothing happened to them. the oven i used gauge only went up to 200F. but yes, wolf is very dirty

Latest posts

Top Bottom