New Christmas goodies on my AR15. And some factory ammo group tests w/ PIC Heavy!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I bet the addition of a new FCG like a Timney or Geisselle would tighten your groups up a lot.
Nice looking rifle BTW.

yea id like to get a good trigger, but i not sure what to get. it has a palmette state armory lpk right now and the trigger pull is a little more heavy than id like. ive watched some videos on utube on how some people have lightened their trigger pull, but i dont really want to attempt that and mess it up or make it unsafe. ive had my eye on the Geisselle super semi-automatic trigger for a while, but i always seem to find other things to buy when i have the extra money.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
yea id like to get a good trigger, but i not sure what to get. it has a palmette state armory lpk right now and the trigger pull is a little more heavy than id like. ive watched some videos on utube on how some people have lightened their trigger pull, but i dont really want to attempt that and mess it up or make it unsafe. ive had my eye on the Geisselle super semi-automatic trigger for a while, but i always seem to find other things to buy when i have the extra money.

Geissele makes a fine product. They are pricey, but well worth it. The Geissele with the WOA barrel, makes for a coyote slaying machine.

sumoj275

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The only thing about modding a current fcg is that if too much material is taken off the fcg will go south real quick. The other day I saw where Geisselle is going to be making a couple triggers for his wife to market-one will be about 6 lb and another will be a bit lighter and have a nitron coating that is supposed to make it real smooth, all for around 65.00.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
The only thing about modding a current fcg is that if too much material is taken off the fcg will go south real quick. The other day I saw where Geisselle is going to be making a couple triggers for his wife to market-one will be about 6 lb and another will be a bit lighter and have a nitron coating that is supposed to make it real smooth, all for around 65.00.

Very interesting. Be nice to have a solution for the carbine that doesn't need a match trigger, but want something nicer than GI.

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Remington Express PSP bullets made the best group out of all of them, so I think thats what Ill buy from now on to use for hunting.

All your groups have one thing in common - the same horizontal spread, which makes me think that it's the shooter.
With that in mind - American Eagle shot the best.

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All your groups have one thing in common - the same horizontal spread, which makes me think that it's the shooter.
With that in mind - American Eagle shot the best.

true. it could have been me. im not sure what the pull on this trigger is, but its pretty heavy. i thought the trigger on my marlin 22 mag was heavy, but this one feels likes its even more. it was also a little windy that day, but ill try again this weekend if its nice out. i have shot better groups before with the xm193 in this gun but im not going to hunt with fmj's. ill give it a good cleaning and try again.

jakerz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
true. it could have been me. im not sure what the pull on this trigger is, but its pretty heavy. i thought the trigger on my marlin 22 mag was heavy, but this one feels likes its even more. it was also a little windy that day, but ill try again this weekend if its nice out. i have shot better groups before with the xm193 in this gun but im not going to hunt with fmj's. ill give it a good cleaning and try again.

If you were closer, I would let you try your upper on my lower. It would eliminate the trigger "problem".

Latest posts

Top Bottom