Got a new AR (pics)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scamp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Picked up a Colt Match Target Competition 20" HBAR 1:9 twist from a friend yesterday!
It's sporting a Leupold Mark 4, Surefire Quad rail, and a TDI bipod.
Took it to the range today and shot 60 rounds thru it, not very well either...need to do something about the stock trigger!
Anybody ever deal with Bill Springfield at triggerwork.net? Think I am going to give him a try.
This is my first ever AR and I am loving it so far.
Any tips, tricks, on ammo choices, trigger work / replacement, would be greatly appreciated!

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

Scamp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
That's nice! I'm new to ARs too. I do my research on a couple of big AR boards and ask my dumb questions here.:thumb:

Me too! I have some questions over on Ar15.com about it. I got a really good deal on it, so I coudn't pass it up, so now I have a gun I know nothing about!

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's pretty much the same gun my shooting buddy shoots. Nice gun.

Try several different brands of ammo... I've found that both of my RRA's like PMC's (which is okay with me because they're cheap).

Stay away from steel case if possible... and "Bear" and a few others are laquer coated which can atomize and end up in your gas tube.

Is that front site blocking the scope?

CASTRATE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's pretty much the same gun my shooting buddy shoots. Nice gun.

Try several different brands of ammo... I've found that both of my RRA's like PMC's (which is okay with me because they're cheap).

Stay away from steel case if possible... and "Bear" and a few others are laquer coated which can atomize and end up in your gas tube.

Is that front site blocking the scope?

the front sight will only appear as a very slight blur in the bottom view of the scope. i have fired between 6k-8k rds of steel case through my AR and no problems. it takes A LOT of heat for the lacquer to actually come off of the shell.

CASTRATE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Picked up a Colt Match Target Competition 20" HBAR 1:9 twist from a friend yesterday!
It's sporting a Leupold Mark 4, Surefire Quad rail, and a TDI bipod.
Took it to the range today and shot 60 rounds thru it, not very well either...need to do something about the stock trigger!
Anybody ever deal with Bill Springfield at triggerwork.net? Think I am going to give him a try.
This is my first ever AR and I am loving it so far.
Any tips, tricks, on ammo choices, trigger work / replacement, would be greatly appreciated!

[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]

you probably already know this, but don't run 5.56 through your rifle

CASTRATE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats what I thought too! It's dead center of the scope, but damned if I can tell by looking thru the scope. Anybody know why you can't see the front sight thru the scope?!

because the scope's focus point is in the center of the scope.
if the barrel marked 5.56, then you may be ok. i just assumed that it was all 223. 5.56 is loaded to higher pressures, and i think there is a very slight difference in the shell casing. any input from someone who reloads or knows more on the matter would be greatly appreciated.

Latest posts

Top Bottom