Grand National Gun Show ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rick W

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like some first-hand information about the upcoming Grand National Gun show this weekend in Tulsa.Has anyone been recently, what was your impression, and how many of the 1200 tables they advertise will have people at them?
I'm trying to decide if it would be worth the drive from Norman.
Thanks,
Rick

Free Trapper

Repeat Offender
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rick,

I would not drive from Norman.

The Grand National is a shadow of what it once was. The aisles are spaced waaaay far apart to look larger.

They advertise 1200 tables. Do a quick count of one row and you will see that is not true.

Wait for the Wannenmacher show in November and spend only 10 bananas for a much better show.

Last edited:

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What the others have said. I used to go to the GN show when they advertised 2000 tables, and the last time I went, some 5-7 years ago, they barely covered 1/3 of the upper level of the Expo. Used to be good, not so much any more.

Wanenmacher is still it if you’re coming from Norman just for the show.

Jared

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The GN used to be the "sooner" show years (15 or so?) ago and then it was great. I preferred it over the big show but not any more. I continue to go to the GN every year and I always regret driving 90 miles for it.

Rick W

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks to all who responded!
The reason I'm thinking of going to the Grand National is that I may not get to go to the Wanenmacher show in November.
My primary interests are historic firearms and knives,. Does anyone who has been to a Grand National show remember if there were
more than a few knife dealers?
I made the mistake of attending a Claude Hall gun show in OKC recently. You guys were right: it DEFINITELY wasn't worth it!
Rick

Rick W

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, I went.
It was a disappointment to me. There were only a few knife dealers, and none of them were buying.
The rest of the show was pretty sparse. I didn't count the number of tables, but there sure weren't 1500! One online review of the Grand National Gun Shows said there were typically 100-500 dealers and traffic of 1000-5000 people.That seems accurate, based on the show I attended.
I also picked up a card, and found out that the same people put on the Hall of Fame guns shows in OKC. I haven't been to one of those, so I can't comment on them. If they're the same as the Grand National show, I'll pass.
The Tulsa Flea Market was in the same building. I went through there and did really well. There were several knife dealers, and I sold several knives.Thee were some guns there, too, but nothing I was interested in. And the fleamarket was free!

Rick

TuAlum0982

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember going to this show as kid with my dad and it being much larger. I was in and out in an hour, a waste of 12 bucks in my opinion to get in. I won’t be going back. I’ll just stick to the “big 2” every year.

Latest posts

Top Bottom