Gun show rules they need to implement.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Going to disagree with this big time.

There are a lot of people that are not paralyzed that do need a wheelchair for a wide range of medical reasons and to say otherwise just shows how little you know about it. Plus many people did not get overweight until they ended up in a wheelchair. Going from an active lifestyle to being stuck in a wheelchair will do that to many people.

I suggest you drop it since you know nothing about it. :pissed:

Negative. I'm not gonna drop it. It's just been in the past couple of decades that people were shoved into wheelchairs that didn't belong in them. Our society has just gotten to be lazy. If you aren't paralyzed and you're legs still work then you should be up on your feet using them.

dowmace

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If you were prescribed a wheel chair then I don't care what you weigh. If your riding on a jazzy at wal-mart because you weigh more than my diesel truck you need the exercise!

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Here are the actual rules that I put on my table for gun shows

1. Gunshows are Fun
2. If you don't like a price, make an offer
3. I'm here to make money, please don't be offended by an offer to buy your gun.
4. Superdave's T-shirts make you look thin, cure baldness, and increase male potency. (these claims have not been evaluated by the american medical association.)
5. Remember rule number one.

Even as a dealer, I go to gunshows, because I LOVE GUNS. I like talking to gun people, I like seeing rare and unusual stuff, I like learning about guns from the older fellows. I like showing guns and explaining them to kids. Who really goes to a show to shop for one specific, current production gun. Sheesh. Get that at Walmart

This!

I find that the more a dealer wants to talk $$$, the less likely I am to talk $$$. If he talks guns with me, I might be interested. I had some good conversations with a couple sellers there, and enjoyed the show.

I actually thought there were fewer electric carts this year, and most of the ones I saw didn't look just like they were too fat to walk. Think most of them had oxygen tanks.

The one rule I would want to see:

- If you don't want it touched, leave it home. Or at least put it under glass. If it's on an open table, it's fair game. I don't care what your well hidden little "don't touch" sign says.

If not that rule, then at least require one salesman per foot of table space if you're going to have "don't touch" signs. Saw one place that had don't touch signs all over the place, had 3 or 4 tables, and had 2 people manning the table. Which is almost as bad as Bass Pro.

My personal rule is if they have their entire exhibit under glass, I walk by; if they have more "don't touch" signs than price tags, I walk by.

JaredC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here are the actual rules that I put on my table for gun shows

1. Gunshows are Fun
2. If you don't like a price, make an offer
3. I'm here to make money, please don't be offended by an offer to buy your gun.
4. Superdave's T-shirts make you look thin, cure baldness, and increase male potency. (these claims have not been evaluated by the american medical association.)
5. Remember rule number one.

Even as a dealer, I go to gunshows, because I LOVE GUNS. I like talking to gun people, I like seeing rare and unusual stuff, I like learning about guns from the older fellows. I like showing guns and explaining them to kids. Who really goes to a show to shop for one specific, current production gun. Sheesh. Get that at Walmart

Amen to this. Couldnt have said it better.

Most of you guys sound like a bunch of bitchy old women. Go to the local beauty parlor and gripe and gossip while watching Days of Our Lives. Good grief. Never heard so many nagging in my life.

The gun show was fun. Been in Tulsa for 3 years and had heard about Wannamachers long before I moved here. I always have wanted to go, and finally got to. Went Saturday and Sunday. My wife went for about an hour with me on Sunday. Met alot of interesting people, saw alot cool guns and even bought one. Next year Im bringing an electric cart so my legs dont get so tired........:)

KenL

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My personal rule is if they have their entire exhibit under glass, I walk by; if they have more "don't touch" signs than price tags, I walk by.

Exactly. If I want to "don't touch" a bunch of guns, I can shop online. Heaven forbid if my wife touches that vintage LCP you have sitting on a table at a gun show.

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
you forgot a few. When the women in the tactical girls calender are there they are required to wear what they were in their photo. And dont pick up a gun and muzzle sweep everyone around.

I liked what most of em had on, but I was a little dissapointed that only 5 of em were there to sign my calendar, less than half a year will be autographed.... :'(

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
The "don't touch" signs depend on the type of gun. I don't some hick fingered tire kicker screwing with my expensive Lugers or spinning the cylinders on my engraved Colts. Go screw with the plastic guns. Call me a gun snob, but but why should you have the right to literally diminish the value of someone else's property?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Negative. I'm not gonna drop it. It's just been in the past couple of decades that people were shoved into wheelchairs that didn't belong in them. Our society has just gotten to be lazy. If you aren't paralyzed and you're legs still work then you should be up on your feet using them.

Agreed, but the point you are missing is that 95% or more of those people were prescribed those wheelchairs or mobility scooters by a doctor for medical reasons. Most of those using mobility scooters can walk some, but no where near enough to get around the gun show, Walmart, etc. Heck most can not walk from one end of their house to the other.

I have used a wheelchair and scooter at times and my legs are just fine. It is my inner ear that sometimes screws up. When it does, I can not keep my balance enough to walk. I refuse to stop enjoying life just because the wheelchair or scooter I have to use might get in your way.

My point is, don't judge until you have a freaking clue. Some day you will be older and I can almost quarantine that at least half the people whining about those wheelchairs and mobility scooters will need one at some time in their life.

Latest posts

Top Bottom