Had a round "cook off" in the car today. *pics*

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A long, long time ago, when I was working as a bag boy at a grocery store, I carried some groceries out to a ladies car. On the top of the cab, the sheet metal was raised about a quarter of an inch in a perfect circle. I asked her what happened and she said that she had a refill can of freon for the car in the back seat, and forgot about it and left it in the car with the windows up. She was in the house when she heard the explosion! Can you imagine what it would have been like to be in the car when it cooked off!

Same thing happened at the NAPA store where I worked decades ago; outside route driver left a case of it in the seat of the delivery truck over the weekend. The whole case of cans did that.

Bigsaxy1270

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I left my shotgun in my car the other day. When I went to get it out it was so hot I couldn't hardly pick it up. Now I know why all the troops over sea paint their weapons tan. Black guns get WAY too hot! Luckily no explosions in my ride. Triple 000 buck might leave a nasty stain in a Ford Focus!

1mathom1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Few weeks ago I went to a family member's cabin in Colorado. We were the first to be there this summer season and no one had been in there since late last fall. Last person there left a 12 pack of diet Coke in the cabinet. The temps there were colder for a longer period of time than normal this last winter. ALL of the cans in that 12 pack froze and burst and they all failed like your A&W.....blew the tops off. None popped the opener.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was pushing a cart through Homeland the other day. I put 8 or 10 Shastas in the top of the cart where little kids ride. The next isle over the cans shifted and 2 went down either side of the cart and split open from top to bottom. The biggest mess I've ever seen. I found an employee, he called for cleanup on aisle whatever it was. I made my way to the checker feeling like some third rate citizen. When the checker grabbed one of the sodas out of the cart another went down the side and exploded all over the place... cleanup on aisle whatever. Now I didn't feel so bad. I was almost afraid to put those soda pops into the backseat of my truck.
Must have been some sub par cans or something.

Latest posts

Top Bottom