Ham Radio Operaters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stick4

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Myself and two of my neighbors bought Baofeng BR-5 handhelds. (under $35) Never gave this much thought until the El Reno tornado passed close by here. Game changer.

Last edited:

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
KF5WRT Tech. Myself and two of my neighbors bought Baofeng BR-5 handhelds. (under $35) Never gave this much thought until the El Reno tornado passed close by here. Game changer.

You must have tested for your license at the OKC Hamfest in July 2013. My wife tested then and got KF5WRR for a callsign.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm an Extra Class, been doing it since 1979. Had to do the tests before the FCC back then, all but the novice class, and I did it with the Choctaw Amateur Radio Club. The Elmer Ham who got me started had me copying 15wpm thinking I was doing 5. Had no problem getting up to Advanced, took me a little while to get to Extra from there. I am also a VE if needed.

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My 8 yr old son wants to get his license so we took a class together, will hopefully be taking the test soon. Trying to find components to put a budget home setup together. I figure there's a lot worse things he could be interested in, might as well encourage this!

Latest posts

Top Bottom