Hammer Fired Carry Gun Suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustedBeef

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So after owning my two guns and trying out some of my range buddies' over the past few monthive learned I'm more of a hammer fired guy. Been trying to sell my Shield locally with some difficulty in order to fund a new gun. My other gun is a S&W 637 (my profile pic), so I'd like something a bit bigger to go along with it. I'd also like something bigger than a subcompact since I'm having a hard time getting a decent grip on drawing.

So far I've been looking at a Browning BDM but they're like really hard to find and so are the mags. I'm also considering a Beretta PX4 Storm as a more obtainable option, but I really like the BDM's ability to go DAO like my Revolver can. I'd appreciate any suggestions for a hammer fired carry gun.
I
If it helps I'd carry it all day either IWB or just openly, but probably not at work (working on solution).

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CZ p-01 or P-07

wm_7043676.jpg

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its a trade off...single stack is easier to conceal, double stack carries more bullets. I like the p-01 because for a double stack it maintains a fairly slim grip and still has a 16+1 capacity.

mugsy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you are comfortable with a revolver then why not go from a S&W 637 to a S&W Model 60 or 640 in .357 magnum? Those keep you in J-Frames.
You could also look for a K-Frame of larger revolver.
I will also throw in that there is a whole crop of low-cost and extremely reliable (like a tank) 3rd generation S&W semi-autos in steel or steel/alloy variants.
The 59-series and 69-series have many SA/DA options. You can get very good ones for under $400 and they are like the energizer bunny - they never stop.

Latest posts

Top Bottom