Hated to be that guy who complains but today I had my fill....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well from a guy who works retail, and who likes it, you get out of it what you put into it.
No one forced them to work there, they went to wal mart seeking a job, wal mart did not knock them over the head hog tie em and drag them into the building.
They knew the pay when they hired on, not enough for their liking, then go seek employemt elsewhere or start your own business.
I dont ever go off on anyone when the store is out of something, it happens, I find something else, and move on. But for customer service, eye contact, smile, how can I help you today? Are you finding everything ok? Great have a nice day and thank you for shopping with us.
Really does work wonders in this world.

I'm with ya on that.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
they arent all no....DJ my manager when i worked in meat dept/bakery was nice unless she went on the warpath
TLE manager was rude and mean.....meat dept lead was a man hating raging alcoholic. Matter of fact I lost my job at walmart because i was retaliated against. This guy who worked with me in TLE put motor oil in my tea as a "joke" well i drank a sip of it and realized something was wrong. I went to the store manager and he got fired. Well the guy who got fired was the TLE managers best buddy. He then turned around and fired me out of retaliation

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know about EVERY Wal-Mart manager. But the ones I had back in High-Schools were d!cks. One time I asked an assistant where the department head in housewares was. His response was "I don't know, It's not my day to keep track of him". A couple of days later he asked me where the store manager was and I responded "I don't know, It's not my day to keep track of him". He immediately called manager and tried to get me written up/fired. I told the manager that I responded that way because it was how he had responded to me previously. They tried to make it out to be all me, but I told them if they are going to respond to their emplyees that way they shouldn't act butthurt when their employees reply in the same manner. I was not fired or written up and the assistant NEVER spoke to me again. What a little B!TCH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ah well.... it is ancient history now, and I still spend my money there. I don't care if the people greet me or not. I don't have time to endulge in a conversation anyway. I want to pay for my stuff and get out.

Yes managers set the bar, and I once saw Sam Walton tear into a store manager at the first location here in Ada. Sam had walked up to e and asked me how I liked the store, me not knowing who he was, I told him it was ok be=ut the manager would not open another register for the 15 peopel standing in line and told us to deal with it. It was then I found out who he was as he found the manager and tore his ass a new one, I have a lot of repsect for that old man.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've long said that Wal-Mart, like McDonald's, could change it's slogan to "Wal-Mart, cuz f*ck, that's why." and not lose a bit of business.

They do seem to be getting worse. I only find myself in one about 2-3 time a year and hate myself after I leave. My God, the last one I went in was only a couple years old and it was FILTHY. Like disgustingly filthy and run down. Broekn carts, grime everywhere, nasty-ass people shuffling in a stupor about like some demented Monty Python skit.

Then you go to a store like Reasor's and it's clean as a whistle and people are falling all over themselves to be nice and help you. I'd much rather pay more for anything I could possibly buy at a store like that than patronize Wally World.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes managers set the bar, and I once saw Sam Walton tear into a store manager at the first location here in Ada. Sam had walked up to e and asked me how I liked the store, me not knowing who he was, I told him it was ok be=ut the manager would not open another register for the 15 peopel standing in line and told us to deal with it. It was then I found out who he was as he found the manager and tore his ass a new one, I have a lot of repsect for that old man.

I have to be honest with you. It leaves a better impression of them as an employee if they greet me. I agree with you when you say... "they went to Wa-Mart looking for the job". They need to be fast and customer friendly or people will start shopping elsewhere.

bernardderek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You want gold star treatment from someone making minimum wage with no health care and not much of an employment future who gets griped at day after day? Dream on brother. :)

This.

Does it really matter that much that someone didnt say hi to you......I mean come on. I dont care if someone says hi to me I am there to buy something. Whiners.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I guess it really doesn't matter.. BUT... like what was stated earlier it does leave an impression of the employee, the store, the management. The better the service someone gets, the more likely they/people are to return and spend their money there. I can see 1shott's point.

870WingBlaster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nobody has stated the real reason that Wal-Mart has been successful. Where's else can you go to buy an 870, toothpaste, mayo, razors, dogfood, a hunting lincense, and a pez dispenser in the same place? You pair that with the fact the people are just naturally lazy and, BANG, success.

Customer service is not integral to their success.

Latest posts

Top Bottom