Hated to be that guy who complains but today I had my fill....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It is not the fact that no says HI, but the fact they do not acknowledge customers period. A few do, and will go out of the way to help you, as it should be, it is retail, which is customer service. Thats the job they are working, the job they sought out, if they dont like it, find something else, yes it is that simple.
Sam Walton had a rule that any customer within 10ft of you, you stop and acknowledge them. No one is asking for a bunch of ass kissing, but I am there to spend to money, as it is now, I purchase the bare min. that I need and leave, I dont want to be in there any longer than needed. I also live in small town usa, so my options are limited. Ya I go to a target, if I want to drive a hour and half one way to get there, thats not always feesable.
I also own stock in wal mart, so if they are ignoring me how many others? How is that building stock holder value? Makes me think twice about investing in that company. I own stock in the company I work for now, and the company I work for now stresses building share holder value.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd agree with that 100%. I don't go to WM looking to be waited on or "served". The extent of my interaction with employees is usually to ask where something is (maybe every 3rd or 4th trip I have to do that for one item.... MAYBE), and to have someone ring up my purchases. Generally it works for me.

I don't go there expecting someone to sell me anything, to wait on me and find me the right size of anything, to follow me around asking if they can help me find anything or if I am doing ok, or any of the similar things I absolute HATE when I end up having to go to the mall (God forbid) for something. Most places I want to be left alone, and if I can't find something, I'll ask. Maybe that's why Wal-Mart works for me.

Not asking for people to follow cusotmers around, but when you ask them a question, a reply is expected, not a turn their back and walk away. That happens alot at that store.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not asking for people to follow cusotmers around, but when you ask them a question, a reply is expected, not a turn their back and walk away. That happens alot at that store.

I agree. That is rude an inexcusable behavior for anyone in the retail business. Those employees should be reported immediately to the management.

okprepper

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
this post relate to the walmart in anadarko especially if you go to the out/doors dept. i swear i cant stand that guy he always complains when you buy ammo . because he "Has to get the key "and give you attitude and act like he dont want to do his job , and one time i herd him on the phone tell a costumer that had been waiting three days for a firearm and it has been five days and hasn't heard anything back from the background check say " he cant rush the federal government and he cant come get your firearm ,.and i dont know what to do or tell you ," man that just made me bite my tongue b/c my understanding is that cant you pick up your firearm as long as it been three days no matter if you here back from them So called "Federal Gov "and as long as you didn't get denied as a felon because that's why its called a hold anyway . any ways that employee is really irritating b/c they put him back there and he don't know what the hell he is doing , i wish i could post a Vid of his rudeness and informative information to warn pple of this character .. sorry just a rant had to get that out there

MLR

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
You want gold star treatment from someone making minimum wage with no health care and not much of an employment future who gets griped at day after day? Dream on brother. :)
So I should accept rude behavior from someone because they are low paid? Dream on brother.

Michael

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
On the flip side, I have found the Walmart in Mustang to be clean, usually well stocked, and the employees there seem to be pretty nice folks. Could it be a management (leadership) difference ya think?

Latest posts

Top Bottom