Hated to be that guy who complains but today I had my fill....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What did the CSM have to say about your issues?

She said she would get with a manager about them. She asked if I could wait and she would try to find one, but I needed to go, so I told her to pass on my information and complaints to a manager.

soonersfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own three restaurant locations and it is amazing how little the average person knows about customer service. Some get it naturally. Some have to have it beaten in their head. I hate to hear an employee greet someone at a register with their total. How hard is it to say Hi, before giving someone their total? Apparently it is harder than you think.

Sometimes at Wal-mart I intentionally see how few words it will take to check out. If they say hello, I respond, if not, I don't. More often than not, I hear my total, hand them my card and that's it. There are exceptions. I don't really get mad about it. I've just accepted that's the way it is.

I know certain Wal-Marts are better than others. I asked my wife to never go to the I-240 Wal-Mart or the Del City Wal-Mart. I don't think either place is safe. The staff at both places are rude but I can't blame them based on the crap they have to put up with all day long from low life customers. I saw a woman in Del City literally dragging a three year old by the arm calling him a M-F'r and SOB. I was stunned.

The Wal-Mart in Edmond is always clean but not busy. Edmond is a clean city and over saturated with retail. The Wal-Mart in Sulphur is friendly but everyone in Sulfur is friendly. I won't go into any Wal-Mart on the first of the month and I darn sure wouldn't want to work there on the first of the month. I am sure Wal-Mart could do a better job with morale in some places but I think the socio-economic environment has much to do with it. I also think we've had a cultural shift and we're never going back. Country life looks better to me all the time.

Weatherby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
On the flip side, I have found the Walmart in Mustang to be clean, usually well stocked, and the employees there seem to be pretty nice folks. Could it be a management (leadership) difference ya think?

Everything is better in Mustang. It was nice visiting with you at the game last night, Joel.

grizzly97

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own three restaurant locations and it is amazing how little the average person knows about customer service. Some get it naturally. Some have to have it beaten in their head. I hate to hear an employee greet someone at a register with their total. How hard is it to say Hi, before giving someone their total? Apparently it is harder than you think.

Sometimes at Wal-mart I intentionally see how few words it will take to check out. If they say hello, I respond, if not, I don't. More often than not, I hear my total, hand them my card and that's it. There are exceptions. I don't really get mad about it. I've just accepted that's the way it is.

I know certain Wal-Marts are better than others. I asked my wife to never go to the I-240 Wal-Mart or the Del City Wal-Mart. I don't think either place is safe. The staff at both places are rude but I can't blame them based on the crap they have to put up with all day long from low life customers. I saw a woman in Del City literally dragging a three year old by the arm calling him a M-F'r and SOB. I was stunned.

The Wal-Mart in Edmond is always clean but not busy. Edmond is a clean city and over saturated with retail. The Wal-Mart in Sulphur is friendly but everyone in Sulfur is friendly. I won't go into any Wal-Mart on the first of the month and I darn sure wouldn't want to work there on the first of the month. I am sure Wal-Mart could do a better job with morale in some places but I think the socio-economic environment has much to do with it. I also think we've had a cultural shift and we're never going back. Country life looks better to me all the time.

Ding ding ding!!! We have a winner!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1shott, I hear you and agree with you. But the flipside sucks too.

It's a little irritating to go to Home Depot or Lowes and get hit up 16 times in 10 minutes. It's cool though because they don't dog you the whole time. Now when I need computer stuff I just go to Office Depot or Staples. Because the last time I was in Best Buy I got hit up and told the guy I knew what I wanted AND where it was. He said cool and we went opposite directions. There was another dude standing not four feet from us watching and listening and he hit me up before I had taken 3 steps! I knew he heard me tell the other guy so when he asked, I said "you heard me tell the other guy right?", he kind of stammered out a yes. I said "there's your sign" and walked off. About 6 isles down, rinse and repeat. Don't work on commission my a$$...:grumble: Normally I do know what I want and where it's at and just want to get to it, get it and go.

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1shott, I hear you and agree with you. But the flipside sucks too.

It's a little irritating to go to Home Depot or Lowes and get hit up 16 times in 10 minutes. It's cool though because they don't dog you the whole time. Now when I need computer stuff I just go to Office Depot or Staples. Because the last time I was in Best Buy I got hit up and told the guy I knew what I wanted AND where it was. He said cool and we went opposite directions. There was another dude standing not four feet from us watching and listening and he hit me up before I had taken 3 steps! I knew he heard me tell the other guy so when he asked, I said "you heard me tell the other guy right?", he kind of stammered out a yes. I said "there's your sign" and walked off. About 6 isles down, rinse and repeat. Don't work on commission my a$$...:grumble: Normally I do know what I want and where it's at and just want to get to it, get it and go.

I hear you, and we take the hint, if a customer does not want our help, we back off and find another, and no one gets paid on commission at HD.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've long said that Wal-Mart, like McDonald's, could change it's slogan to "Wal-Mart, cuz f*ck, that's why." and not lose a bit of business.

They do seem to be getting worse. I only find myself in one about 2-3 time a year and hate myself after I leave. My God, the last one I went in was only a couple years old and it was FILTHY. Like disgustingly filthy and run down. Broekn carts, grime everywhere, nasty-ass people shuffling in a stupor about like some demented Monty Python skit.

Then you go to a store like Reasor's and it's clean as a whistle and people are falling all over themselves to be nice and help you. I'd much rather pay more for anything I could possibly buy at a store like that than patronize Wally World.
Which Reasors is this, because it's def not either of the 2 in BA?

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
1shott, You can drive over to the McAlester WM. Stay away on the first an fiftenth of every month(welfare takes over), don't go to early in the morning(since we don't have a mall, we have WM walkers who are rude, an mean), don't go after dark(thats when the really weird come out here), try to stay away during the spring months(for some reason thats when everyone shows up at WM to have family reunions in the middle of the isles). Other than those few things, its your a-typical WM!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom