HAWAII - anyone have family/friends there?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Annie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope. Plenty to worry about with out thinkin bout the next storm of the century to flood my home ( I live on high ground)

That's kinda funny. We live about a half mile from a city lake and 2 blocks from a major city roadway -- closer to the top of that slope than to the middle. To say the land "slopes slightly" towards the lake would be a gross exaggeration. I used to cuss the builder of this house for concreting both the side yards all the way from the house foundation to the property line, slightly sloping towards the lake and away from the foundation, and sloping the backyard to the fenceline. Now I really appreciate his efforts. No matter how hard it rains, or how much falls in a short period of time, I never have standing water for more than 2-3 hours at a time. It all runs off.

Apparently the old man was crazy like a fox ...

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The entire area where the lava has cooled and hardened is a spooky place, one can walk literally for miles on the lava and get lost.
The South end of Lake Powell in Utah is like that. We drove for 30 + miles with no trees, no grass, no sand, no dirt.....nothing but old lava flows. It was amazing how desolate that area is, yet beautiful.
Hawaii is just continuing to grow from its youth when it first popped its head above the ocean.
It will continue to grow from lava flows forever.
It finally reached the ocean today in Hawaii.

Latest posts

Top Bottom