Help me decide: Dish network or Direct TV

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who has the better service for the money?

• Direct TV

Votes: 28 56.0%
  • Dish Network

Votes: 22 44.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

thaHooligan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive had both as well and I prefer Dish. Dish also has AXS which use to be Hdnet. I watch a lot of fights and they have fights on there almost every weekend. I dont think Direct tv has that channel.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Directv - because of their superior program offerings, and the fact I haven't had to call them for anything in 8 years

What superior offerings? For similar packages you will find that Direct costs more than DISH. I have not had to call DISH for anything in years...I couldn't say that when I had DTV.

With that said...both of them beat cable tv.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Ive had both as well and I prefer Dish. Dish also has AXS which use to be Hdnet. I watch a lot of fights and they have fights on there almost every weekend. I dont think Direct tv has that channel.

DirecTV has AXS. Also, while Dish's Hopper can record six channels only during PTAT, and is limited to recording three channels any other time, DirecTV's Genie records any five channels of your choosing at any time.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
DirecTV has AXS. Also, while Dish's Hopper can record six channels only during PTAT, and is limited to recording three channels any other time, DirecTV's Genie records any five channels of your choosing at any time.
Dish also has AXS. The hopper can record for longer time periods and costs less per month than DTV. You have to pay a fee for HD tv through DTV, but it's free for a lifetime through DISH.

BadBadJohn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another thing, Directv has more HD channels than Dish. Directv's menu layout is easier, its broken down into 7 or 8 categories whereas Dish is just all one big long jumbled, confused category. I'll never go back to Dish.

On the other hand, if you live in a rural area where reception is spotty and all you want are ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX... you can get a small basic package for $20 that will get you through. No premium movie channels, no ESPN...

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A week ago I would have responded dish. Rat bastards.

On which is cheaper, they are priced about the same at least on the premium package. There really is an incentive to bounce back and forth between the 2 if your primary concern is saving $5-10 a month.

Latest posts

Top Bottom