Help me out guys

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do you have any case law to back that up?

No, but common sense about what attorney's do when it comes to shooting incidents should be a clue.

Why do police departments have policies that only allow officers to carry certain guns or certain types of ammo or require that they only carried issued ammo? Why are they required to qualify and maintain records of qualifications?

Liability

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, but common sense about what attorney's do when it comes to shooting incidents should be a clue.

Why do police departments have policies that only allow officers to carry certain guns or certain types of ammo or require that they only carried issued ammo? Why are they required to qualify and maintain records of qualifications?

Liability

I think we all get where you're coming from man - but I don't think that applies to building an AR-15 necessarily.

If you used a super-light trigger, maybe... if you used any out-of-spec parts that happened to cause some sort of issue (like slam-firing, or detonation with an open bolt, etc...) I can see it - but hand-picking your parts from good manufacturers should yield a perfectly functioning rifle that has all good components.

I wouldn't build a department rifle with the cheapest parts I could find, but I wouldn't hesitate to build a Patrol AR anymore than I would hesitate to use my own pistol as a backup side-arm or duty gun (as long as it was on the approved list for that department and a quality firearm).

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is a blast to build one, but knowing your situation with BB, I suggest buying one already built, let Patti shoot it and then claim it, then build what you want to for yourself! :tounge2:

Leardriver has a nice Stag in the Classifieds right now that I am trying not to buy. ARs have come down in price right now, and it is a good time to buy one or two. There are a couple of nice ones for sale on the Tulsa side right now, adluginb has a nice Varmit rifle, and if you decide you want one of them, I will do the transport for you, just let me know.

Hey, hey, HEY!!! Now!!!! :pms2: **she scoots off to check leardriver's ad** :bighug::heart:

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finish? How far are you?

You're beating me, that's for sure... :grumble:

Martin has the lower to be engraved, and I am applying for the stamp on it. He is out of cans right now, but am getting one from him when they come in. I have the LPK with a DPMS hammer, KNS pins, Mil Spec CTR, buffer and spring, Josh is ordering the Billet upper and 6" barrel. :woohoo1:

I am having to buy a few parts at a time, but am trying to time it so that it is ready when the stamps are approved. I still need the DD rail, remaining upper pieces, sights, BCG, mmags, and Hahn block.:drooling:

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think we all get where you're coming from man - but I don't think that applies to building an AR-15 necessarily.

If you used a super-light trigger, maybe... if you used any out-of-spec parts that happened to cause some sort of issue (like slam-firing, or detonation with an open bolt, etc...) I can see it - but hand-picking your parts from good manufacturers should yield a perfectly functioning rifle that has all good components.

I wouldn't build a department rifle with the cheapest parts I could find, but I wouldn't hesitate to build a Patrol AR anymore than I would hesitate to use my own pistol as a backup side-arm or duty gun (as long as it was on the approved list for that department and a quality firearm).

There ya go.

mmchambers06

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Martin has the lower to be engraved, and I am applying for the stamp on it. He is out of cans right now, but am getting one from him when they come in. I have the LPK with a DPMS hammer, KNS pins, Mil Spec CTR, buffer and spring, Josh is ordering the Billet upper and 6" barrel. :woohoo1:

I am having to buy a few parts at a time, but am trying to time it so that it is ready when the stamps are approved. I still need the DD rail, remaining upper pieces, sights, BCG, mmags, and Hahn block.:drooling:

I'm not even completely done w/ my FDE build:

ai14.photobucket.com_albums_a320_mmchambers06_fde_carbine.jpg

Just picked up a sling and a BUIS for it, but the Zoom Dot went back on my other carbine. I may just send off for the stamp and pull the DD barrel and save it for a rainy day. Christmas put a dent in my wallet so it may be a month or so. At least I'm done buying gifts this year. :D

:fullauto:

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We should just use shotguns on duty, due to the liability of using a high powered assault weapon.
O shite, I hope the lawyers dont know those AR's are assault weapons.

Latest posts

Top Bottom