Help!!!!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Safety switch under seat on my craftsman used to give me fits til I rewired it out of the system. Now the one that drives me nuts is I keep forgetting about the fuel cutoff I put in.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
@RickN, I’ll come take a look at it next week. Probably something simple but ya never know.
probably a safety switch or something.
I am almost positive it is the clutch pedal not depressing enough. It will not go into neutral. You can move the shifter into the position but it does not come out of gear. Safety switch should not effect that.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I am almost positive it is the clutch pedal not depressing enough. It will not go into neutral. You can move the shifter into the position but it does not come out of gear. Safety switch should not effect that.
Maybe an excess buildup of grass keeping things from going in to gear?

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've read stopping on an incline can cause some binding in the transmission. Does yours take some kind of trans fluid? Have you checked it?

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, replacing it with a young goat could solve the mower problem, but they come with their own issues.

"Does yours take some kind of trans fluid?" What a lucky thing, TODAY is trans awareness day!!! Lucky Rick!
That is what we need, a young trans goat. Functional as well as decorative. 🤣 🤣 🤣

I know the wife really loves those pygmy goats but I doubt we can have one in Edmond and a new mower would probably be cheaper. Besides it would eat the wife's flowers and then I would be in trouble, again.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hopefully it is just a linkage issue. Being as new as it is it should have the rod in the back to freewheel the transmission. I'm not aware of any safety switch that would prevent the transmission from going into neutral.

Latest posts

Top Bottom