Here we go - Tulsa public schools to start review of school names..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks like Discord is one of them. As the author says, "who decides what is considered extreme?" And my question is why is it just the right side being targeted? I havent heard any left wing sites getting banned. And yes, many of them are just as extreme as Stormer or whatever it is.
https://www.techspot.com/news/70580-discord-bans-servers-accounts-linked-alt-right.html

wont the free market decide all? If people take their money elsewhere because these companies shut down one group, but the other, isn't that punishment for making the wrong choice?

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
wont the free market decide all? If people take their money elsewhere because these companies shut down one group, but the other, isn't that punishment for making the wrong choice?
Honestly, I dont think theres enough openly right wing ppl on twitter to make a financial difference. And to be fair, many of them did espouse violent comments and such which violates the terms of service. But as I stated before, "punch a nazi in the face" has been a common theme on social media sites and Im not seeing a lot of consistency when it comes to banning peoples accounts.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Honestly, I dont think theres enough openly right wing ppl on twitter to make a financial difference. And to be fair, many of them did espouse violent comments and such which violates the terms of service. But as I stated before, "punch a nazi in the face" has been a common theme on social media sites and Im not seeing a lot of consistency when it comes to banning peoples accounts.
Twitter and FB both need competition anyway. Somebody needs to start the conservative equivalent like Full30 is to Youtube

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I just heard on the local (OKC) news that 4 OKC schools are being looked at for renaming since they are named after confederate generals. There were multiple reasons cited but one was and I quote "some families don't feel safe".

Holy chit! I've heard it all. Just shoot me now please, I need some relief!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
democracy seems to have worked well to this point. Why not the people we elect to make all the other decisions.
We don't have a democracy. We have a representative government.
It's only the elected dimocrat ran cities/states that are wanting this. The desire to erase our country's history rests on their shoulders, so no, not all are represented in tearing these memorials and statues down.
Would you approve of removing the headstones of deceased confederate soldiers in Arlington National Cemetery or at all other National Cemeteries because some liberal activists can't stand the thought of them being recognized with a stone in their death?
Your comment holds no merit.
The people in the area should be given the right to vote on keeping or moving the statues or memorials. That and not liberal, leftist, and snowflake progressive activists is how the fate of those items should be decided. Government should have no say. Only the locals.
The rights of the populous is being overridden by the acts of a few.

Latest posts

Top Bottom