Here we go - Tulsa public schools to start review of school names..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

In 1962. And they actually flew the confederate flag on campus and at football games until recently. Yeah, the south ain't soon forgetting the civil war or it's leaders, statues or no.

Here is a different shot from the same incident, if that helps. This was at the confederate statue on the town square, as it happened.

20770260_1427988823951867_7269807539299287899_n.jpg

It's hurt recruiting for sports, for students and for businesses in our state having that emblem on the state flag.

But to the point, the students shown weren't government agencies. All were private citizens.

Last edited:

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now Im hearing that Trump is trying to get information about ppl who visited a protest website and on the flip side, Im hearing that conservative sites are having their instagram and paypal accounts shut down. Its time the ADULTS from both sides made the others go sit in their respective corners for a LONG while.

i'm curious about which 'conservative' sites are you referring to. The only ones i've seen are for groups like the daily stormer (which ran the headline, “Heather Heyer: Woman Killed in Road Rage Incident was a Fat, Childless 32-Year-Old Slut.”).

I believe i saw where facebook was shutting down accounts for alt-right members, as well.

But both are private companies (not government agents), so they can do that, right? I mean that is just part of the free market, right?

And i do agree, adults should act like adults. If that'd happen, we'd solve a lot of problems.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Now Im hearing that Trump is trying to get information about ppl who visited a protest website and on the flip side, Im hearing that conservative sites are having their instagram and paypal accounts shut down. Its time the ADULTS from both sides made the others go sit in their respective corners for a LONG while.
I imagine, Sessions is trying to get evidence on a certain group of people to press charges for pre-planning and inciting a riot. Paypal was shutting down a White Supremacist, don't recall his name, never heard of him before. But apparently he was using paypal to gather funds. I really don't see how paypal would stand up in court if the guy wasn't breaking the law.

I mean, Lesbians wanting a wedding cake from a baker, White supremacist using Paypal, splitting hairs if you ask me..

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I imagine, Sessions is trying to get evidence on a certain group of people to press charges for pre-planning and inciting a riot. Paypal was shutting down a White Supremacist, don't recall his name, never heard of him before. But apparently he was using paypal to gather funds. I really don't see how paypal would stand up in court if the guy wasn't breaking the law.

I mean, Lesbians wanting a wedding cake from a baker, White supremacist using Paypal, splitting hairs if you ask me..

The DOJ asked for something like 1.3 million ISP addresses. Paypal is a private company with their own terms of service. As far as i know, internet companies haven't had the same legal issues that brick and mortar businesses have had in terms of banning services.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i'm curious about which 'conservative' sites are you referring to. The only ones i've seen are for groups like the daily stormer (which ran the headline, “Heather Heyer: Woman Killed in Road Rage Incident was a Fat, Childless 32-Year-Old Slut.”).

I believe i saw where facebook was shutting down accounts for alt-right members, as well.

But both are private companies (not government agents), so they can do that, right? I mean that is just part of the free market, right?

And i do agree, adults should act like adults. If that'd happen, we'd solve a lot of problems.

I dont know which ones they were and yes, private sites are allowed to do as they please.
Nevertheless, this will do NOTHING but continue to stir the pot.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont know which ones they were and yes, private sites are allowed to do as they please.
Nevertheless, this will do NOTHING but continue to stir the pot.

perhaps so. But this is that area where OSA likes to talk about how being free to do something doesn't mean you're free from the consequences. You can be a nazi, but that doesn't mean facebook or godaddy has to allow you to use their service.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I dont know the details. A buddy I work with told me. Ill look into it in a bit.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
perhaps so. But this is that area where OSA likes to talk about how being free to do something doesn't mean you're free from the consequences. You can be a nazi, but that doesn't mean facebook or godaddy has to allow you to use their service.
True. But as I said, this will just serve to make them think they're being persecuted. If they need a platform, we need to bring back Jerry Springer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom