Here we go - Tulsa public schools to start review of school names..

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You got a problem with Italians?
I guess you do know the difference between a dictator and a General.
I didn't figure anybody would know who Gen. Robotti was ("I would not be opposed to all (sic) Slovenes being imprisoned and replaced by Italians. In other words, we should take steps to ensure that political and ethnic frontiers coincide").

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This whole PC re-naming thing and statue removals make me wanna puke. Sheesh folks, whatever happened to "America, love it or leave it?" Our history (like it or not) is just that... HISTORY.

I'd chip in on a ticket fund for those that are so offended they want to relocate elsewhere.
www.dutchforce.com__eforum_html_emoticons_dry.gif
I'm not buying any ticket. Let them swim. Ha!
I didn't figure anybody would know who Gen. Robotti was ("I would not be opposed to all (sic) Slovenes being imprisoned and replaced by Italians. In other words, we should take steps to ensure that political and ethnic frontiers coincide").
With what?

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lee was a person that served his country, as he saw it. Not unlike the revolutionary war. I don't give a darn what Lee represents in 2017.

Did he serve this country? What is his connection to Oklahoma? Why should he have a school named after him in Tulsa?

Perhaps we could name the school after a fallen Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Marine or Coast Guardsman from Oklahoma. Would be much more relevant and less controversial.

Dropping names and moving statues isn't rewriting history, it's just deciding to stop glorifying certain aspects of it.

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did he serve this country? What is his connection to Oklahoma? Why should he have a school named after him in Tulsa?

Perhaps we could name the school after a fallen Soldier, Sailor, Airman, Marine or Coast Guardsman from Oklahoma. Would be much more relevant and less controversial.

Dropping names and moving statues isn't rewriting history, it's just deciding to stop glorifying certain aspects of it.
You're in charge. Do what you want. Better?

Latest posts

Top Bottom