Hey Coffee Lovers.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey-hey my fellow coffee aficionados!! Yes I love coffee...Starbucks, Seattle's Best, French Market(New Orleans)Community Coffee, to you name it.

Has anyone watched "Dangerous Grounds" with the host Todd Carmichael? I kinda like the show.

You ask...Cohiba what do you mean buy "Kinda"??

I like the locations, I like it that he buys from small farmers/mom-pop operations.

What I don't like is his DRAMA about the economy of the country he's in, the local gangs or military gangs....the "I gotta get to a town or safe place before nightfall"..drama.

I wish he'd approach it in a more scientific method...like the soil-vs-the bean, altitude, weather, anything that might affect the coffee bean and it's flavor. Heck, different roasting styles, different grinds for different types of coffee and which type of coffee maker for which roast or type of bean.

I may buy a bag or two of coffee from him...who knows??

www.newsworks.org_images_stories_flexicontent_l_todd_carmichaelx300.jpg

blog.bullz_eye.com_wp_content_uploads_2012_10_ToddCarmichaelDangerousGrounds.jpg

His website and coffee:
http://www.lacolombe.com/

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like it so far. If he cuts out the gang/military drama then it's hard to call it "dangerous grounds". Lol.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Started drinking coffee in April and roasting my own in July. Lots and lots of variables in how coffee is grown, where, how it's handled and lots of other things go into how the coffee tastes. It's pretty amazing, actually.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh. Damn. Like dark brown crack. JUST LOOK AT ALL OF IT!!!!!!!

So long as Jesse Pinkman isn't in one of those barrels. Run Jesse, run!

Now as for this guy getting in somewhere safe before the sun sets,,,,,, We spent a week in the east side of Puerto Rico. A lot of tiny towns, a lot of rural areas. Neguabo (may have been Fajardo) was a little spooky at the wrong end of town late at night. We stayed in a cinder block tiny house on the south end of El Yunqe. Next time we go, I'm buying a hammock, a tarp, some matches, and a machete. It's all a guy really needs there. Next time, I'm staying, and taking over the island. Oh, God! The coffee there! Forget about it!

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not any kind of a affecnugo. I drink coffee for a kick start in the morning. Black, anything else is just girlie coffee. Sometimes I just eat the beans and skip the mess. No snooty crap for me.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Old Fart I agree..none of that foo-foo stuff!!!

Coffee and a cup...that's it. I usually try to buy the strongest I can find, then have them grind it to a baby powder grounds.

More surface area to mix the water with the coffee...Starbuck Sumatra or Komodo Dragon.

One exception..I must..must..must..have 6-8 cups every morning. No sugar, no cream, just coffee and a cup.

If it's not strong enough to wake the dead or jump start my heart...I throw it out the door in the backyard! !!

Start over..get it right.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
keep in mind, there is starbucks fru fru coffee and then there is real coffee that still have flavor profiles beyond just 'roast'.

Think of it similar to wine, different grapes, regions and even altitudes all contribute to flavor. A bean isn't a bean isn't a bean...

Latest posts

Top Bottom