Hidden Security Cameras

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I now have a full complement of Wyze cams, grouped appropriately and set to keep an eye on the place as scheduled. The set up process is very quick and easy and the Quick Start Guide in the box is written in a clear, easy to follow format. The App is very well done too. You run everything from the Wyze App; you set the time to record, the sensitivity levels for sound and motion, it will pick up your smoke alarms and CO2 detectors, and you can even talk to each camera. The night vision capability is great. Amazon has them for $25 but you get free one day delivery if you have Prime. If you buy direct from Wyze.com, they are only $20, but you pay for delivery and it takes a week or so to get them. Either way, I’m a fan of the Wyze Camera, if you are thinking about a home security cam system, you really should check the Wyze camera out. Oh, for a little extra, you can get a micro sd card too for increased storage of events it records.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I now have a full complement of Wyze cams, grouped appropriately and set to keep an eye on the place as scheduled. The set up process is very quick and easy and the Quick Start Guide in the box is written in a clear, easy to follow format. The App is very well done too. You run everything from the Wyze App; you set the time to record, the sensitivity levels for sound and motion, it will pick up your smoke alarms and CO2 detectors, and you can even talk to each camera. The night vision capability is great. Amazon has them for $25 but you get free one day delivery if you have Prime. If you buy direct from Wyze.com, they are only $20, but you pay for delivery and it takes a week or so to get them. Either way, I’m a fan of the Wyze Camera, if you are thinking about a home security cam system, you really should check the Wyze camera out. Oh, for a little extra, you can get a micro sd card too for increased storage of events it records.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny story...

My DIL called me one day, panicked, she said the CO2 alarm had gone off, wanted to know what to do. I told her to grab the kids and go out of the house. As we were talking I said it was impressive they had CO2 detectors in the rent house they are in. She said she didn't realize they did have CO2 detectors. I said how did you know there was an alarm? She said she got an alert on her phone, I said that is cool, your detector sends you alerts? She said, no, it came from the Wyze cam...

Turns out the Wyze cam will interpret different sounds that "might" be smoke alarms and CO2 detectors, not sure what it heard in the house, but it wasn't a CO2 detector as there aren't any.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny story...

My DIL called me one day, panicked, she said the CO2 alarm had gone off, wanted to know what to do. I told her to grab the kids and go out of the house. As we were talking I said it was impressive they had CO2 detectors in the rent house they are in. She said she didn't realize they did have CO2 detectors. I said how did you know there was an alarm? She said she got an alert on her phone, I said that is cool, your detector sends you alerts? She said, no, it came from the Wyze cam...

Turns out the Wyze cam will interpret different sounds that "might" be smoke alarms and CO2 detectors, not sure what it heard in the house, but it wasn't a CO2 detector as there aren't any.

You can turn that CO2 or smoke detector function OFF, or maybe adjust the sensitivity. I had to play with my settings so it would stop sending me alerts off the ceiling fan moving and sounds from the TV.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Funny story...

What the Wyze cams are listening for is the three beeps on the fire alarm or the four beeps on the CO detector. (It May be the other way around)
When it detects that sound, it send out the appropriate alert to your phone.
So, if there was a video game or something on TV that produced three or four beeps, it probably triggered the alert.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can turn that CO2 or smoke detector function OFF, or maybe adjust the sensitivity. I had to play with my settings so it would stop sending me alerts off the ceiling fan moving and sounds from the TV.

Correct.

Glad they are working out OK for you!

Latest posts

Top Bottom