Hidden Security Cameras

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ethan N

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jeez...my friend just asked me if I know anything about home security cameras. I didn’t, but now I know too much! I’m gonna turn off all the electricity now and get under the bed. G’nite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
:rotflmao:I’ve been dying to see how you were going to react to this thread hikacking.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Jeez...my friend just asked me if I know anything about home security cameras. I didn’t, but now I know too much! I’m gonna turn off all the electricity now and get under the bed. G’nite.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Be careful, even with that strategy. I know a guy that once hid a camera on a perpetrator's porch to see who was coming and going. The guy was LEO and hid said camera within a mud dauber's nest. Perp never caught on to it.

In other words, be sure and check the underside of your bed...

...is that really a spring or a microphone? Is that a screw in the headboard or a camera?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Be careful, even with that strategy. I know a guy that once hid a camera on a perpetrator's porch to see who was coming and going. The guy was LEO and hid said camera within a mud dauber's nest. Perp never caught on to it.

In other words, be sure and check the underside of your bed...

...is that really a spring or a microphone? Is that a screw in the headboard or a camera?

There are some tiny little cams out there that have a signature no bigger than a #2 pencil lead or smaller. They push right through the sheet rock in apartment buildings into the next apartment. There is so much stuff out there now that most don't even have a clue.

Now in back to the OP, there is a rash of folks stealing the ring doorbell cams now that resemble door bells.
They aren't the best sandwich in the picnic basket and don't realize they have already been recorded, but your out the $200+ to buy one but they are covering their faces now when stealing packages or wanting to break in so you may not catch them at all and just lose the cam and your package.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Every time I see a Ring Doorbell commercial I wonder what keeps thieves from just ripping them off when they discover them???

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Every time I see a Ring Doorbell commercial I wonder what keeps thieves from just ripping them off when they discover them???

Well, they would get the device, but the video is stored on the cloud or sent to the owner's email. Its not a self contained dvr system.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
Well, they would get the device, but the video is stored on the cloud or sent to the owner's email. Its not a self contained dvr system.
I understand that, but you would think that if a thief is there to steal from you they would take it out of spite.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Reaction score
If you send them a police report. I wonder how much the police care about a stolen doorbell.
So what if you have video, TPD couldn't care less. Ask me how I know...
That's what I'm wondering about. I don't know if the police here would even care about a doorbell video and follow up on anything unless it was a very serious crime.

I would imagine a local news station would be more interested in the video than the police would.

Latest posts

Top Bottom