Hidden Security Cameras

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shakel65

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doesn't matter if they care, just matters if they do a report then Ring will replace it. I know the police wouldn't care much about the camera being stolen. OKCPD didn't care much about my car being stolen except that the car was left in the street by the thief and they had to impound it. They didn't even care about the greasy finger prints the thief left on the door glass

kroberts2131

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The service is always top notch but the quality of the cameras is terrible. Most of the time, it doesn't record when the parameters are met by a person but a bug will set it off . I can stand on porch and wave . 50% of the time it doesn't record. Works just fine to randomly check front door or driveway on the app but the inside camera almost never works .

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The service is always top notch but the quality of the cameras is terrible. Most of the time, it doesn't record when the parameters are met by a person but a bug will set it off . I can stand on porch and wave . 50% of the time it doesn't record. Works just fine to randomly check front door or driveway on the app but the inside camera almost never works .

Sounds like your motion detection is set to low, which makes it look down. Try setting it to medium or high, this changes the angle of which it detects motion. I had the same problem with my porch camera, wouldn't pick up people coming onto the porch but bugs would set it off. I changed it to medium. Bugs still set it off, but it picks up on people coming up to my porch now.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered a Wyze Camera from Amazon. Got it today. Ridiculously easy to set up, and it works great. Everything is run from the Wyze App on your phone. Good quality video, sound, and you can talk to it; like you could say: “you might want to turn around and slither back out that same broken window you just crawled your thieving self through, or just wait and see if you can recognize the flash and hear the sound you are about see and hear...maybe.”

I am going to order a few more now. $20 bucks? What a deal. It’s just what I wanted. No need for me to drop hundreds on a camera system; this does everything I need and want it to do. Wyze cameras FTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered a Wyze Camera from Amazon. Got it today. Ridiculously easy to set up, and it works great. Everything is run from the Wyze App on your phone. Good quality video, sound, and you can talk to it; like you could say: “you might want to turn around and slither back out that same broken window you just crawled your thieving self through, or just wait and see if you can recognize the flash and hear the sound you are about see and hear...maybe.”

I am going to order a few more now. $20 bucks? What a deal. It’s just what I wanted. No need for me to drop hundreds on a camera system; this does everything I need and want it to do. Wyze cameras FTW.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True story......when we first got ours, I had to go to town and decided to try the voice feature where one can hear what's going on in the room and talk to someone in the room. Wife was watching TV, and I started talking. The dog in her lap perked his head up and then she heard me over the TV and paused it.
Told her to walk over to the camera so we could talk. It's not the best for speaking over, but she understood and laughed when I told her to show me her ***'*. After a couple more requests, got a quick flash. Then I told her all the guys in the bar really appreciated that. I can't repeat what was said after that and I was in deep, deep trouble when I got home until finally convincing her I wasn't at the bar.....

Latest posts

Top Bottom