Home stereo repair shop

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
You could always go talk to this guy. Really great guy, I forget his name. He’s friends with my neighbor. Specializes in audio equipment in his shop. I figure he would know someone.

D & P Pawn
(405) 946-2221
https://maps.app.goo.gl/TwxGwKAYthQCXn2R9?g_st=ic
Bought a few interesting guns and knives from him over the years. It’s one of my regular stops. He has lots of sound equipment and instruments too. I’m always on the lookout for vintage drums for my brother.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pioneer? Probably little but I could be wrong. I liked pioneer but...
Harmon Kardon in the 90s was the top of the line. I was lucky to get one for around $700. 200 watts per channel. Its ridiculously clear and loud.
Had the cops called on me more than once for loud music in a closed up house, pictures would fall off the wall. Combined with my infinity SM 125 speakers. I love good clear loud music but I can only turn this thing up about 1/3 volume. LOL

A good reason I have hearing losses.... ugh

Don't know about the Harmon Kardon, but McIntosh was also a top of the line manufacturer of component stereo receivers.

Looks like they may still be in business, but I don't know where one could buy equipment locally, if at all.

McIntosh Home Audio Systems

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't know about the Harmon Kardon, but McIntosh was also a top of the line manufacturer of component stereo receivers.

Looks like they may still be in business, but I don't know where one could buy equipment locally, if at all.

At JB's last week, I saw MacIntosh equipment used for $2K+ each. You gots the itch he has the scratch.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still in business?
As far as I know, he was more of a hobby business out of his home shop. Maybe retired and still making a llittle extra money doing what hes good at? He wasnt any older than me I dont think.
It was just 12 - 18 months ago IIRC, that I went to see him for my audio repair needs. During the end of the Pandemic I think, so he may have been working from his house for that reason

Last edited:

Jason Freeland

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

McIntosh used to be sold by Contemporary Sounds, which is now Select Systems. Don't know if they still carry them or not.

Select Systems

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a lot of 70s stereo stuff but the components are slowly dying and need capped. I can and used to do it but I don't want to go through the hassle. Fisher, Marantz, Pioneer, Harmon Kardon, Techinics (3), BSR, Sony (3), and an old Realistic STA

Latest posts

Top Bottom