Honda Civic ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The redesign in 2006 was a good one. New engine (more power, with timing chain), transmission, and a very ergonomic and comfortable interior. You should also know that there was a manufacturing issue that affected a very small number of engines (2006 until early 2009), where the block cracks and leaks coolant. Honda has extended the warranty (i.e., free engine replacement) on this issue for 10 years from original purchase date (I think) -- http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/...lacement-for-2006-2009-honda-civics/index.htm. I'd definitely inspect the block for this crack (videos on Youtube show exactly where to check).

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Long time Honda owners here too. Member Phillip Huff here has his own shop here in OKC; he is a certified Honda Tech. Maybe give him a call and have him check it out. We have used him often, he is very good and fair. Pm me if you want his number.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks for all the feedback, and keep it coming! If anybody has, or knows of, a late model Honda for sale please let me know. They are located in Edmond and, while it does not HAVE to be a Honda, they are quite partial to them (like a lot of folks). I think they may be waiting until after tax season now, but they will be doing something pretty soon!

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've bought 3 new Nissans from Fenton Nissan West and those guys are great. I've heard different about East though. Never purchased used from then either but their service department is top notch too.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a car but the wife is on her 2nd CR-V after having previously driven a couple Accords and they've been basic maintenance only vehicles. She won't own anything but Hondas.

(Tapatalk)- on the road.

Latest posts

Top Bottom