Horror Fiction

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a ton of books I am going to list in the classifieds.

I love the anthologies. Easier to keep my attention when reading a short story. Also, I like the Cthulu mythic stories.

Lovecraft's Cthulu mythology is quite creepy, I'll admit it.
About the only horror fiction I've ever been able to get into...unless some of Koontz's creepy stuff counts. I do enjoy classic fantasy like Narnia series, LOTR, and, recently, the Secrets of the Immortal Nicholas Flamel. They are supposed to be Young Adult....but they involve concepts and such I wouldn't have understood 4 years ago. I would highly recommend them. Sorry...off topic.

Peabody

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I read lots of horror fiction.

Lately,

Abraham Lincoln Vampire Hunter.
George Washington Werewolf.
Dreadful Skin.
Bram Stoker's Dracula.

Right now, I'm reading Mary Shelley's Frankenstein.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have time to read much. I like about anything in movies but,vampire movies are no. 1. In my vast DVD collection I have 50 vampire movies. They have to be pretty good or they don't make the cut.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's my problem...I like rather straight forward horror stories. In other words, I don't want to read about the heroic vampire or the "good" zombie. I like it when the good guys are good guys and the bad guys are bad guys.
IMO, a classic along this line is Stephen King's "Salem's Lot". When I first read this, I was a tough-as-nails Sgt in the Marine Corps, and I had every light in the house on and my .45 in my lap...as ludicrous as the story may seem, it skeered the living crap out of me. What a talent to take a centuries old tale of vampires like this and turn it into something as visceral and powerful as King did.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've tried reading the local news on the net, and some of the gun rags that I subscribe to on the computer.
Its just not for me.
Sitting on the crapper with the latest Guns and Ammo is hard to beat.

I hear you on that. I can't do magazines on it, it's just not the same, but for books they rock. Work has me travelling a lot and it's nice to have several books on tap, in one small-ish device....and in many cases the e-version of books is cheaper.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO, a classic along this line is Stephen King's "Salem's Lot". When I first read this, I was a tough-as-nails Sgt in the Marine Corps, and I had every light in the house on and my .45 in my lap...as ludicrous as the story may seem, it skeered the living crap out of me. What a talent to take a centuries old tale of vampires like this and turn it into something as visceral and powerful as King did.

Salem's Lot is my favorite vampire story. I had always hoped King would do another one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom