Horse Slaughter

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

liliysdad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are livestock, in my opinion. I grew up around and with horses, and while I love them, I don't try to humanize them. I feel the same way about any other animal. I wouldn't have a problem with legal slaughter of cats and dogs, to be honest.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They are livestock, in my opinion. I grew up around and with horses, and while I love them, I don't try to humanize them. I feel the same way about any other animal. I wouldn't have a problem with legal slaughter of cats and dogs, to be honest.

You and I are about to be in the same boat ... the one that gets flamed to death ... but I totally agree with you.

I would much rather see dogs and cats done away with than left to fend for themselves. It's a hard fact of life that there will never be enough good homes for the animal population. Being kind-hearted and wishing it wasn't so isn't gonna change the hard fact that animals everywhere suffer due to human ineducation, incompetence and general depravity. Better they were disposed of humanely when need be.

cm_osu

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Me too. Don't think I could bring myself to eat dog or cat but I don't have any problems with somebody else eating them. I'm definitely fine with horse.

Dionysusigma

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Reminds me of when I used to live in the Washington, DC area and one of the members of our church's congregation was born and raised in Sierra Leone. Even after 40 years of living in the United States, he couldn't bring himself to eat chicken since he had them as pets as a kid. In that manner, I don't think I could eat dog or cat, and as far as "culling" goes, I'd much rather prefer preventative measures such as spaying/neutering. That's just me, though.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think I've shared this before.

I was the number 3 son.
Any dirty job rolled downhill to me
We lived on a hiway and had pets and farm animals.
Lots of them got ran into on this hiway.
I got to go clean them up.
Some weren't dead.
Figure out how I feel about animals.

I live in the country.
People in town dump their "Pets" in the country when they're tired of them.
Coyotes love city pets.
Did I let them get attacked by coyotes?

Maybe I need therapy..........

Latest posts

Top Bottom