Hot tea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
NFF - is that your Edgar Allan Poe avatar?
Wow, 2 days and someone noticed. Big fan here. I had to sort thru stuff I hadnt resized a bunch of times... EdgarAllanPoeGrave.jpg

(Had my other avatar for about 9 years and no one ever asked once what the hell was up with a guy holding 2 long knives. It was 'Johnny The Homicidal Maniac' drawn by artist Jhonen Vasquez, some might know his more commercial work, 'Invader Zim'. Ive known him a long time since back in the 90s bay area art scene days. I had resized it tho a few times to fit sites and when this site changed it looked like everyone elses).

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
NFF, I actually thought the same thing about your avatar while reading this thread. A little more mainstream with this one I guess. Your previous one didn't ring any bells for me.

On topic. I drink a little hot tea. Mostly coffee in the morning and during the day at work. I should bring some leaves up here with me, as they have hot water on the coffee machine. And I won't drink the office coffee. Just what I bring from home.

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Usually drink hot tea in winter. We drink a lot of black iced tea during the day to cut down on the pop. Never could get into green tea. Don't drink coffee anymore.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Other than a few times when eating out, I don't drink pop anymore. Coffee and water here. And some juice. I should start adding in more tea in the evenings.

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Teavana's Gyokuro imperial green tea is my favorite, followed by yerba mate'. Be careful though the gyokuro has more caffeine than coffee...and all other green tea (with the possible exception for matcha) will taste like dog poop after you've had it.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The thing is, I have yet to find any conclusive evidence that coffee is bad for you. So long as you don't add cream/sugar, that is.

Yeah I drink it black. It's likely not bad for me at the levels I drink it, but feeling dependent on it and experiencing withdrawals when I don't have it just makes me feel stupid. I hear the withdrawals go away pretty quickly if you stop consuming caffeine so I guess I could theoretically stop, but I like the ritual now.

As a kid I used to see my parents scramble to make/buy/down coffee and thought it was the stupidest thing. My dad would be late to his deer stand because he needed coffee. He still many mornings will walk to his stand with his travel mug, stopping to sip it along the way.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom