Sweet tea

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don’t know who these people are you were talking to but I’ve never encountered any. Not saying they aren’t out there I just ain’t never talked to them. And I’ve been to almost every southern state. I have friends from other southern states and family members.
Drs, lawyers, judges, aka old south money. I was out of my element.

fishincoop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So I make sweet tea all the time and have for years. I use Red Diamond and put two cups of sugar in a gallon. It has always been great but over the last few months within just a few days of it being in my fridge it will pour out and be thicker. It will also have a funny smell and taste. I don’t understand what the issue is. I used to make two gallons at a time and it could sit in there for a long time and wouldn’t do this. I don’t understand it. Anyone have any idea what it could be?
2 cups sugar in 1 gallon- that’s a bunch, like a tea syrup!

I eased my sugar down over time for “lose weight” and health issues. Today, I use 5-1 qt bags and less than 1/2 cup in 1 gal water. I like strong tea where I can taste it, but I’m not quite at unsweetened stage. Sometimes I’ll change up the white sugar to Steen’s Cane Syrup from Deep South Louisiana. Makes excellent sweetener, changes flavor slightly, and darkens the tea a bit.

To each his own on tea, women, & truck accessories!! It’s still a Free country…

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I eased my sugar down over time for “lose weight” and health issues. Today, I use 5-1 qt bags and less than 1/2 cup in 1 gal water. I like strong tea where I can taste it, but I’m not quite at unsweetened stage. Sometimes I’ll change up the white sugar to Steen’s Cane Syrup from Deep South Louisiana. Makes excellent sweetener, changes flavor slightly, and darkens the tea a bit.

Sugar is an inflammatory for the human body, plus syrups are supposed to go on pancakes and waffles.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I dunno how anybody puts sugar in their tea or coffee. And I'm a sugar junkie. But some things just ain't right -- coffee and tea are meant to be drunk BLACK ... 🤷 I will never forget that time a fella from Australia and his buddy (from jolly ol'England) put cream in their tea ... 😵😵😵😵

Latest posts

Top Bottom