Hotwheels Collectors

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Street Rat

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I sold all of mine back around 97-98 around the height of it all. I had about 600 and got $600. I worked at Venture at the time so I got some of the good ones when Hotwheels started producing the series collections and there was a Hotwheels seller on every corner table at the flea markets. I was looking around on Ebay just out of curiosity a few months ago and I don't think they are going for half of what they were then, too many flea market dealers buying low and selling too high.

Uncle Meat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They (Johnny Lightnings also)were a buck back in the late 60's and they're a buck (mostly) at Walmart today.
Not the same quality but I am impressed the price has stayed the same.
Made In Chiny baby!

Electrician Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had over 15000 that I had collected for years in my shop a few years ago when it burnt, lost them all. My favorite was the 427 Cobras, I was only missing 3 cars from having every one ever made. I started trying to get them back, but have lost interest in the last couple years.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My 3 yr old son has so much pig metal tied up in diecast cars that I seriously contemplate melting a few down and seeing what kind of bullets they'd cast.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd say i have about 200 now lol. I used to have around that many but they got stolen out of my storage when i moved. But yeah those are treasure hunt cars and i can't believe i got 4 in one day.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How is a TH car denoted?

Green band on the card and it'll say T.H. or treasure hunt on the car somewhere.

Now here's an even rarer one. A super treasure hunt challenger. These are hard to find and you gotta know what to look for.
i251.photobucket.com_albums_gg289_ozzman4790_Mobile_20Uploads_imagejpeg_2_1.jpg

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to have a bunch, now have 200-300, lot's of collectors, redlines, etc.

I've had a hard time not jumping in again, there are alot of neat cars in the last year of two.

Latest posts

Top Bottom